Charts lagging then dying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charts lagging then dying

What does the error message attached mean?

a) Which data feed/broker connection are you connected to? Also, in which connection sequence (i.e. I connect to Open Tick and then IB)? Zen-fire
    b) Do you receive any data for the instrument in the Control Center or SuperDOM? Yes, both
    c) Which instrument are you attempting to receive data for? ES 12-08, YM 12-08
    d) Can you re-produce this behavior? Could you please provide exact steps.
    First thing in the morning, everything is fine. After a couple of hours, the charts are lagging. Finally they stop updating. I close the workspace and try to open it again. Never fills the charts. Close workspace again & tried opening just one chart with NO indicators – it fails to ever fill the chart window as well.

This is approximately when the error below posted to the log.
    Who is the remote host? You or me? What does the error mean?

When the charts start lagging, I start closing charts, T&S, DOM, but it doesn't seem to help.

Today when I closed NT (ver 6.5.1000.7) the computer beeped once – apparently NT did not shut down all the way. I rebooted to computer to clear everything and NT is working again.

e) What happens when you close your chart and open a New Chart under File > New > Chart?
    No template (so no indicators) selected, Chart window opens empty, data never fills,
    f) Have you installed any 3rd Party NinjaTrader indicators/strategies? If yes, please specify which ones and of which version (if possible). Hangs with no indicators or add-ons, not even Volume.

How can anyone trade with such unreliable software?

I just upgraded from a T40 laptop (1.6GHz w/ 1G RAM) to a custom quad core CPU at 2.83GHz w/ 2GB RAM, expecting NT to perform better (faster CPU, more RAM). Both XP Pro. NT hangs the same way! After a while, charts start lagging, then hang. Since the computer is new, no other applications are running, except SnagIt & one Windows Explorer file view, both idle in the background.

One hidden workspace = Mkt Analyzer with the two symbols & NO analysis -- it exists just to ensure both symbols are always received.
    Attached Files

Are you by chance running on a wireless router? The image means that NT lost connection to the historical data server. Could be either the server temporarily lost connection or your ISP lost connection.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Nope - wired router. I don't trust wireless security just yet. :-)

Don't I get a verbal comment from NT when the connection is lost & again when reconnected? I have cable broadband.
      NT rings everytime the datafeed connects. That did not happen intraday.

Comment

This is not the broker connection but a separate connection to the historical data server, there is not notification of this as it disconnects.

Please send an email referencing this post and include in subject "For Ray", please provide your brokerage company name and your full name the account is registered. I will check with them to see if your connection consistently builds a buffer on their network.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

FYI, after 5 re-starts yesterday, NT finally started updating charts. It actually ran all day without stalling.

This morning, it started updating charts but within 15min, it is already lagging and stalling PRE-MARKET! It is not bandwith at my end either, as I checked my internet speed: 16,926 kb/s dn (770 up).

NT has gotten progressively worse over the past year. In its present condition, it is completely unreliable for actual trading.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by ZenCortexCLICK, Today, 04:58 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post ZenCortexCLICK  
          Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
          172 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post sidlercom80