Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tick Charts and Interactive Brokers…

Hello,

Knowing that IB only sends 3 to 10 updates per second (depending on the instrument), are the tick charts using that feed reliable?

I know historical tick charts cannot be built with IB data but has somebody be able to compare let say one 233 ticks chart from IB and eSignal? Are the charts similar?

Can NT use some sort of information IB provides to prevent this annoying problem with IB data?
    Thanks.

Upon using different data feed you can expect differences. More information can be found at the link below.

Unfortunately we cannot prevent this. We display the data as it is provided by the data feed.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jason,

Thanks for this reply.

Could you please confirm that if IB sends a maximum of 3 ticks a second due to their throttling mechanism, tick chart using IB data are almost irrelevant? At least in the way most people use them.

Is the following assumption correct, "In order to have tick charts all the tick must be received"?

I know each feed are different but I was wondering if NT had a way to prevent IB limitation.

Dids

Comment

Hello Dids,

Please contact IB for details on any potential throttling logic IB may have in place. NT itself does not throttle or filter any data received from IB TWS.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I spoke to IB. They officially state only that they do not provide tick data. I tried an IB tick chart and a tick chart with IQFeed and the charts are different, i.e. I could not use the IB one for intra-day trading.
          I trade now only with data from IQFeed.

Comment

Thank you both for your reply, this is what I was expecting.

Comment

volume bar problems with IB data

I was referred to this link by support. I'm having problems building the VolumeUpDown bars on my 15 min charts. Only the last few bars look correct -- the earlier ones are too low unless I "Reload Historical Data" periodically in which case the vol bars look OK but of course I don't want to have to do that. Has anyone else solved this problem using IB data? Support says that IB data is not correct although it looks OK on IB charts or as I say if I refresh Ninja charts. Thx.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
              Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post chbruno