Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

There is no data to drive the simulation engine...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is no data to drive the simulation engine...

I am using an external data feed, and sometimes I get a dialog saying there is no data, and the order gets rejected. I know there is not a lack of data, because other orders using the same symbol get filled at the same time. When I get a rejected order, I can status that and resend another order. My question is about the window that opens telling me there is no data. Is there a way to suppress that or make it go away. I guess if it does not interfere with anything else, then I can always close them manually.

Hello Atomic,

Thank you for your post.

This can occur if there is a connection loss or a simulation order is placed outside of trading hours as the Simulator needs live incoming data to function properly.

There is no supported way to suppress this message automatically and would need to be close manually.
    Spencer F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Spencer View Post
      Hello Atomic,

Thank you for your post.

This can occur if there is a connection loss or a simulation order is placed outside of trading hours as the Simulator needs live incoming data to function properly.

There is no supported way to suppress this message automatically and would need to be close manually.
      As I stated in my OP, there were other trades at the same time using the same symbol that were not rejected. This was during regular hours for symbols RTYU21 and MESU21. The price data is being update by a Tradestation quotes provider, so the data is there. This is flaw with the platform or the NtDirect dll that I am using. This really only happens when I do multiple orders at the same time.

Comment

Hello Atomic,

Thank you for your post.

So that I may investigate further please send me your log and trace files using the step below:
        • Open your NinjaTrader folder under, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents")
        • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
        • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to an e-mail to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com
        • Please include the ticket number: 3165503 and ATTN Spencer F
        • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
        Spencer F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Spencer View Post
          Hello Atomic,

Thank you for your post.

So that I may investigate further please send me your log and trace files using the step below:
          • Open your NinjaTrader folder under, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents")
          • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
          • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to an e-mail to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com
          • Please include the ticket number: 3165503 and ATTN Spencer F
          • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
          never mind then

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
          Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes