Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekly Bars

Hi,

My session template is set to 24/7 but the weekly bars are being drawn from Friday to Friday. Is there anyway I can have them drawn from Sunday to Sunday?

Regards
    Kay Wai

What instrument are you loading into your chart?

Be aware that if the instrument doesn't trade on Saturday
    or Sunday, then there is no data to show you in the chart
    on Saturday or Sunday ...

Comment

BTCUSD. I've set it up as an index on NT7 with a session template at 24/7. My historical data has data for Saturday and Sunday and they show on my daily chart.
      Last edited by kaywai; 07-04-2021, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Hello Kay Wai,

When I test it on my end with the "Default 24/7" session template, it creates Weekly bars from Monday to Sunday. If you create a Weekly chart for the ES 09-21 with the "Default 24/7" session template, do Weekly bars contain data from Monday to Sunday? You can use the free Kinetick EOD connection to load this data.

What start and end dates/times do you listed for the "Default 24/7" session template if you select it in the Session Manager (Control Center-->Tools-->Session Manager)?

To what broker/data feed are you connected when you load BTCUSD data as an index instrument?

Please note that crypto currencies are not supported in NinjaTrader 7. They are supported in NinjaTrader 8 which has the BTCUSD crypto currency present by default.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

I've attached my settings for my created btcusd and the default 24/7. I assigned a ticker BTCUSDV2. There is only 1 exchange - Default.

I created this index before NT8 even came on the scene as a way to upload bitcoin data onto NT7. The data is collected externally and uploaded into NT7 in the required format.

I did have issues with accessing Kinetick data previously on NT8. So I stuck with the old way which has been working "fine" till I discovered the weekly was not what I wanted. Does the time zone in the Session Manager make a difference? I'm in UTC+8.

Regards
          Kay Wai
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Jason,
            I just checked whether I could access BTCUSD via Kinetick EOD connection. Couldn't access. I went to Symbol Search at Kinetick's website. No records found on all instruments.

I also changed the session manager timezone to UTC+8. Data still appears the same. And the week still ends on Friday. I can export my data to you though I don't think it would make much difference. It's just a text file.

I just added data till the July 4 data on BTCUSD in NT8...while the daily bars post all the data, the weekly bars stop at July 2...

BTW, all the data is EOD daily data.

Regards
            Kay Wai
            Last edited by kaywai; 07-05-2021, 05:26 AM.

Comment

If you select the ES 09-21 in a Weekly chart while connected to Kinetick EOD, do you load data from Monday to Sunday?

If you reduce the 'Days to load' setting in the Data Series menu of the chart by 1, do the Weekly bars load data as expected? If not, please reduce the 'Days to load' value by 1 again and so on.

Comment

Hi Jason,
                I manage to find NT8's free eod bitcoin data. It's from coinbase.

After downloading the data, I ran the chart. The week still ends on a Friday! The daily charts are still fine.

Let me check on ES-09-21 now. will report back shortly.

REgards

Kay Wai

Comment

Hi Jason,

On ES-09-21, the first data of the week is a Monday and ends on Friday as per the default setup in the sessions manager. Please see attached.
                  On my charts, it shows as Tuesday to Saturday.

For the previous week, the weekly data consists of data from Monday to Friday. I checked that is the Historical Data tab.

Regards
                  Kay Wai
                  Attached Files

Comment

Can you please shut down NinjaTrader and set your PC clock to US Eastern time zone. Start NinjaTrader and save the 'Default 24/7' template in the Session Manager with the US Eastern time zone.

Create a new chart and select the 'Default 24/7' template. Check if price bars run from Monday to Sunday.

Comment

Hi Jason,

I did as you suggested. Friday is still the end of the week.

Regards
                      Kay Wai

Comment

If you now create a Weekly chart for the BTCUSD with the 'Default 24/7' template does it load data from Sunday to Sunday?

If you create a 10080 Minute chart with a custom session template that runs from Monday to Sunday, does it load price bars as expected?

Comment

Hi Jason,

1) No. Saturday is the first day of the week.
                          2) 10080 Minutes looks like it cuts off daily as attached.

I'm still using Eastern Time on my PC and Session Time is defaulted to Eastern Time as well.

Regards

Kay Wai
                          Attached Files

Comment

If it starts on Saturday with the 'Default 24/7' template, I suggest to edit 'Default 24/7' session template. Please delete the first row of the 'Default 24/7' template in the Session Manager and then add it as the bottom row. Click Save and close the Session Manager.

Create a new chart with the 'Default 24/7' template and check if it starts Sunday.

Comment

Hi Jason,

Did as you suggested above by deleting and adding it to the bottom of the row....As soon as I clicked APPLY, the addition went straight to the top of the deck!

Problem still exists.

Regards

Kay Wai

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
                              24 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post spwizard  
                              Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM