SetStopLimit interferes with first profit targets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SetStopLimit interferes with first profit targets

I have a three contract strategy written in NinjaScript which takes off two contracts at a fixed profit level (4-10 tics set when strategy is placed on chart) and lets a third contract run until a negative crossover occurs. It also moves the stop to BE after the first two contracts are taken off, and trails up (for long) based on whichever is higher, the breakeven, or the low of the last bar. When I add a SetStopLoss command to protect the position when it first is entered, my first profit limit order stops working. I'm also getting problems with the stop being set above the market in the case of a short or below in the case of a long. Why does the stop interfere with my first profit target, and is there an alternative way of protecting the positon with a fixed stop until I get past my first profit target? This is easy to do using an ATM strategy, but essentially not backtestable once that tack is taken.
    DaveN

Hello,

You will need to scale in to scale out. You need to submit 3 separate orders with different signal names, then scale out as needed.

This link will help:
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
    11 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post cmtjoancolmenero  
    Started by FrazMann, Today, 11:21 AM
    0 responses