Unable to successfully install NT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to successfully install NT

Have been using NT for several months now. Having the recurring problem of NT corrupting (as in lock up on start) when I make minor changes to workspaces ie. add another chart, add a new symbol to instrument manager, or create a new workspace. I've sent repeated messages to tech support and am advised to either reinstall NT, reinstall .NET Framework 2.0, or delete the symbol data base. Have done them all repeatedly and still am having problems. Can't get someone to pick a phone and walk me through anyhthing. At the moment, after a reinstall of NT and .NET 2.0, I can start NT but get a window that has just a menu bar across the top. Any one have any ideas as to how to keep this thing running?

Thanks,

Rod McKay

Hello Rod,

Could you please verify your PC meets the minimum requirements listed at the link below.

If you experience freeze ups or slowness of the software, please take a look at the following link, which will provide you helpful tips to improve the performance of NinjaTrader.

Are you able to maximize the window with just the menu bar?

If you reboot your PC does NinjaTrader start the same?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

Specs on machine:

Intel 2.4 G quad
      3.0 G RAM
      XP Home
      .NET Framework 2.0 SP1

Looked at all the links you provided and the suggestions they contained. Only change I made was the unchecking of "Store real-time bar data (using IQFeed). When I uncheck 'Order' on the Diagnostics tab I get the message "Unsetting the 'Order' trace option will have a significant impact on processing your support requests". Left that checked. Assume it's referring to trouble shooting which I need.

Now here's the kicker. Reinstalled NT and .NET several times last night. Could not get a normal looking NT window. Same thing this morning. Rebooted again and placed an old workspaace file in the NT mydocuments folder and restarted. Start up was OK and everything has been normal for 2 hours though I've not tried to modify any workspaces which seems to cause the problem. I suspect I've got a conflict with a background process because I've been seeing this problem repeat itself several times.

Thanks,

Rod McKay

Comment

Yes, please leave "Order" and "Connect" enabled in the Diagnostics-tab.

Can you please check if XP is 32 or 64 bit.

If possible, I suggest to test NinjaTrader on a different machine and check if the behavior recurs.

Comment

Jason,

Where do I look to see if XP is the 32 or 64 bit version?

Thanks,

Rod

Comment

You can check this in the Control Panel under 'System'.

In addition, I suggest to perform an uninstall/re-install of NinjaTrader.

Uninstall NinjaTrader 6.5 from the Windows Control Panel under Add/Remove Programs. Then delete the folder NinjaTrader6.5. The folder is located on your C disk--> Program Files--> NinjaTrader6.5.

Clear your browser cache(!).

Download and install NinjaTrader at the link below.

Comment

Jason,

Don't see anything on System properties (General Tab) containing 32 or 64.

Did multile remove and reinstalls of NT. Still had problems and then it just started working after a reboot!

Cleared browser cache.

Thanks,

Rod

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
              117 responses
              1 like
              Last Post jculp
              by jculp