X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick question about Sim

Nevermind

More characters bec can't delete?
    Last edited by butt_toast; 07-15-2021, 03:53 PM.

Hello butt_toast,

Thank you for your post.

1. All you need to do to ensure that no live orders will be executed is make sure that the platform is in Global Simulation Mode. You can even lock the platform into Global Simulation Mode by simply entering the simulation license key into the platform. This will completely eliminate the risk of a live order being placed on accident.

Please copy the license key provided below and paste it under the Control Center> Help> License Key:
    • @SIM-A82F-D583-40B1-AE74-B79F-705D-1952
    2. The message that you've provided in your screenshot is just a standard warning letting you know that an automated strategy isn't going to prompt you to confirm the order placement. This would be expected when submitting orders with an automated strategy. The 'Confirm Order Placement' option only affects manually placed orders.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Zachary View Post
      Hello butt_toast,

Thank you for your post.

1. All you need to do to ensure that no live orders will be executed is make sure that the platform is in Global Simulation Mode. You can even lock the platform into Global Simulation Mode by simply entering the simulation license key into the platform. This will completely eliminate the risk of a live order being placed on accident.

Please copy the license key provided below and paste it under the Control Center> Help> License Key:
      • @SIM-A82F-D583-40B1-AE74-B79F-705D-1952
      2. The message that you've provided in your screenshot is just a standard warning letting you know that an automated strategy isn't going to prompt you to confirm the order placement. This would be expected when submitting orders with an automated strategy. The 'Confirm Order Placement' option only affects manually placed orders.
      Thanks man.

Before I saw your reply I set up a demo and connected that to NT7 using the license I paid for.

Is this still cool?

Comment

Hello butt_toast,

Thank you for your reply.

You may use whichever license key that you want. I suggested the Simulation key just because it permanently lock the platform in Global Simulation Mode. However, as long as 'Global Simulation Mode' has a checkmark next to it in the File menu of NinjaTrader 7, there's no need to worry about placing live orders because you will only have access to simulation accounts.

Comment

Hello butt_toast,

You may use whichever license key that you want. I suggested the Simulation key just because it permanently lock the platform in Global Simulation Mode. However, as long as 'Global Simulation Mode' has a checkmark next to it in the File menu of NinjaTrader 7, there's no need to worry about placing live orders because you will only have access to simulation accounts.
          Thank you I'll take your advice.

Have a good weekend!

Comment

Hello butt_toast,

Quick followup.

Ultimately I plan on working in NT8 for VWAP and footprint.

What is the best way to develop strats for these tools.

It looks like they may be specific to NT8 and also require the lifetime license I paid for.

Based on your responses it seems like the best route to go is to enable global sim mode in NT8 when I get to that stage.

Is this correct?

Comment

Hello butt_toast,

If you are referring to the Order Flow+ tools (Order Flow VWAP and Order Flow Volumetric Bars), then that is correct. You would need to use your lifetime license and just enable Global Simulation Mode rather than use the Simulation license since those tools are not enabled with the Simulation license key.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
              Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes