Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Why occasionally cant log into my Ninja platform -getting message below?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why occasionally cant log into my Ninja platform -getting message below?

I'm occasionally prevented from connecting my ninja platform to the markets and always each time I get the following attached message - please see attached.

After several failed connection attempts for about 20 minutes, I'm able to connect to the live market. This happens every so often but on average of about once or twice a month.

What's going on?

Attached Files

Hello Spartacus,

First please go to the Control Center->Help->About and confirm you have version 7.0.1000.42 installed. If you do not have the latest version installed please use the steps below to upgrade and reset your instruments.
    • First get your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
    • Click on the link: https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
    • Enter your license key and press Submit
    • Under 'Prior Releases' select the version next to 'NinjaTrader 7' to begin your download.
    • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.
    Next to reset your instruments, please follow the steps below:
    • Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed
    • Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments>OK
    • Restart NinjaTrader> Connect (NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Connect> Select your connection
    • Please shut down your PC then reboot your modem, restart your PC and let me know if you can then test your connection again.
    If the error persists the most common reason is that a firewall, antivirus or other protection software on your PC or on the network your computer is on is preventing a connection to the servers.

Please close NinjaTrader then disable any firewalls, also anti-virus or other protection software you may have running and close all other applications you may have running on your PC at this time then test once again.

Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, It seems to have worked.

How often should I run "reset instruments"?

Comment

Hello Spartacus,

This should only be required if instructed by a technical support member and after installing any update of NinjaTrader 7.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
        16 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Leafcutter  
        Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes