Back data not loading.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back data not loading.

I cannot get back data to load. Whenever I open a new chart the candles start plotting at that moment. I cannot get them to draw historical candles.This is what I see. I have removed data connection and reconnected. I have uninstalled and re-installed NT7. Help please.

Hello z3trader,

Can you tell me what data provider you are connected to within NInjaTrader. Also so I can further assist can you please tell me what version of NinjaTrader you have installed which can be found in the Control Center under Help->About and what version of Windows you are running on your PC.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have CQG has data provider and NT7 version 7.0.1000.42

Comment

To clarify are you running Windows 7?

Comment

Yes I am running Windows 7

Comment

Unfortunately Windows 7 is no longer a supported Operating System and in order to connect to the historical data servers Windows 8 or greater (preferably Windows 10) will be required.

I have provided a link below that goes over minimum PC requirements for NinjaTrader 7.As a temporary work around please close NinjaTrader then install the Windows .NET Framework patch at the link below then once completed test again. Keep in mind this is only a temporary work around.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
              As a temporary work around please close NinjaTrader then install the Windows .NET Framework patch at the link below then once completed test again. Keep in mind this is only a temporary work around.
              what does a temporary solution mean? does this mean that this method will stop working after some time if you do not update the system to windows 8 or 10?

Comment

The temporary solution did not work for me. I had to upgrade to Win 10. Once I did everything loaded correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by KeenEdge View Post

what does a temporary solution mean? does this mean that this method will stop working after some time if you do not update the system to windows 8 or 10?
                  Correct at some point you will be required to upgrade your Operating System to a supported version of Windows. Keep in mind Microsoft has discontinued support for Windows 7 as well therefore updates to this OS will no longer be available.

Comment

As a temporary work around please close NinjaTrader then install the Windows .NET Framework patch at the link below then once completed test again. Keep in mind this is only a temporary work around.
                    1) If I use the advice from this guide, does this mean that I will be able to access TLS 1.1 and higher?
                    2) did I specify the TLS 1.1 version correctly?
                    3) you have changed the connection method on the server using encryption. what is the minimum TLS version needed to connect to your server?

Comment

Unfortunately I do not have any additional information available other than what is included at the provided link. For additional information regarding the patch I suggest contacting Microsoft directly. Keep in mind this work around is not guaranteed to work for all users therefore we highly recommend upgrading to a supported version of Windows.

Comment

Unfortunately I do not have any additional information available other than what is included at the provided link. For additional information regarding the patch I suggest contacting Microsoft directly. Keep in mind this work around is not guaranteed to work for all users therefore we highly recommend upgrading to a supported version of Windows.
                        you know the answer to one question for sure because this is your server and you are setting it up.
                        you have changed the connection method on the server using encryption. what is the minimum TLS version needed to connect to your server?

Comment

This update will update your PC to be compatible with TLS 1.2 which has resolved the issue for some users. We do not provide specific information on server security and if this update does not resolve the issue for you you'll need to update to Windows 8.1 or higher, although we recommend Windows 10

Comment

We do not provide specific information on server security and if this update does not resolve the issue for you you'll need to update to Windows 8.1 or higher, although we recommend Windows 10
                            this will solve the problem for me, I also have a problem. please tell me what is the minimum TLS version for your servers?

Comment

It appears a minimum TLS v1.2 is required.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
                              2 responses
                              1 like
                              Last Post BarzTrading  
                              Started by devatechnologies, 04-14-2024, 02:58 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes