Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fercho
    replied
    Thanks, I see NT8 can handle lot faster Ryzen Cores, I'll move to NT8 lot of learning... best regards

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Zachary
    replied
    Hello fercho,

Thank you for your reply.

If you look at the responses from our staff in that thread, you will see that this does confirm that NinjaTrader 8 is designed to utilize multiple cores. The topic being discussed in that forum thread is that NinjaTrader 8 is in fact utilizing multiple cores but the configuration of that user's workspace is bottlenecking threads, and resulting in a performance issue. In post # 4, my colleague Chris even demonstrated that the platform was indeed utilizing all of the cores.

While there is some great information in that post, I think that the forum post that I have linked below is a bit more relevant to this specific topic;

Hi, I am choosing a processor to get the best performance in optimizations and backtestings, and secondly for live trading. Could you tell me which benchmark I can guide me with? Specifically I am deciding between Ryzen 5 3600 and Ryzen 7 2700X. For example, in "Passmark" 3600 is better and in "Cinebench",

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Zachary
    replied
    Hello fercho,

Thank you for your inquiry.

When NinjaTrader 7 was designed, multicore processors were not yet prevalent. NinjaTrader 7 is a single-core application and is not able to fully take advantage of multicore processors and so a processor with a greater number of cores is not utilized to it's full capability in NinjaTrader 7. The Ryzen 5900X has a greater number of cores, and thus, allocates less CPU capacity to each core. If you were using NinjaTrader 8, which was designed with multicore processors in mind, I would expect the 5900X would perform better if performing an apples-to-apples backtest (same instrument, number of days, interval, etc.) but that would not be the case with NinjaTrader 7.

I'll leave this thread open for any other users to share their thoughts or recommendations.

Leave a comment:

• Simple MA Cross Over Strategy test on Ryzen 5900X and 5900HS

Hi I'm testing same Simple SMA Cross Over the Ryzen 5900HS Notebook do it twice as faster than the Ryzen 5900X Desktop PC, (1hs vs 2hs respectively ) what is missing ?

It is supposed to be the 5900X in fact faster than 5900HS

Ninjatrader version is .42 (lastest)

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
6 responses
0 likes
Last Post ryjoga
by ryjoga

Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
2 responses