time bar not changing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

time bar not changing

Hi NT Support, trying to get the 5 second bar working on my chart. the historical bars load fine, at 5 seconds, but the current bar just says there forever, never ticks forward to the next 5 seconds: Please help

Attached Files

Hello Austiner87,

Thank you for your inquiry.

The real-time data is definitely active, since we can see the ask and bid price updating on Chart Trader. That means that something else is preventing the chart from updating correctly. Do you experience the same issue if you test in a new workspace with a brand new, blank chart that has no indicators or custom items applied?

As a test, please take the following steps to force NinjaTrader to start without your saved workspace. You will have the option to reopen these after our tests.
    • Shut down NinjaTrader
    • Navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces
    • Delete the file named "_Workspaces.XML". DO NOT delete the 'workspaces' folder - only delete the '_Workspaces.XML' file within the 'workspaces' folder
    • After deleting this file, restart NinjaTrader which should start up without any workspaces.
    • Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please open a new chart with no custom bar types/indicators/templates and test for issues.
    • *Please note this will not delete your workspace however the new blank workspace will be named Untitled1. If you have a workspace already named "Untitled1," however, you will not want to save the workspace when exiting NinjaTrader, otherwise, it will overwrite it.
    If there are no issues on this new workspace, please try opening the previous workspace by going to File--> Workspaces--> Open workspace.

If this reintroduces issues, I would suggest rebuilding your workspace, adding 1 indicator at a time. Please keep track of what indicators you add back in so that we can narrow down what indicator is causing the issue if the issue returns. I also suggest making a backup of your workspace so we can restore a backup if the issue returns.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over backing up and restoring.Please let me know if we may assist you further.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This worked, thank you!

Comment

Hello Austiner87,

Thank you for your response.

Glad to hear that it began to work! One thing I'll mention, just for your future reference, is that second charts are actually built using tick data. Tick data can be more intensive on your PC than time-based data. If you do happen to notice this occurring frequently with your charts when using the 5 second interval, you may want to optimize the chart a bit using our performance tips to ensure that it doesn't get bottlenecked. You may view our NinjaTrader 7 performance tips at the link below;

Lightening the load on your PC by applying the performance tips is a good way to minimize the chance of this issue resurfacing in the future.
        Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post quantismo  
        Started by love2code2trade, 04-17-2024, 01:45 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes