NT 6.5.1000.7 Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT 6.5.1000.7 Problems

Hi. I just up(down)graded from 6.5.1000.1 today. I have been in sim mode for months and have not had ONE problem with that version. Well I'm going live next week and thought I better update NT to the latest and supposedly greatest version. I've had nothing but problems. 1st, the historical data load is taking FOREVER...very very aggravating. It just seems to hang and when I abort it, most of the data is there, but not all. Next, in the "account performance" tab if I click on the "trades" tab and "generate" the 1st time it showed my trades....then I went and made another trade in the chart, came back and hit generate, and all my trades were gone. Repeaded attempts showed nothing. WTF is going on here? Why was version 1 of 6.5 so stable but this version su*ks? Any help is most appreciated.

Hi,

I just responded to your note sent to support.
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Vince,

No, I didn't back up like a dummy. I figured I was sim trading and "what could go wrong"! Right? Oh well.

I just followed the steps. Everyday for a while when I log into NT I would get the pop up window that says a new version of NT was avail. But v1.0 was working for me so I didn't upgrade. Well I did today, and I wish I didn't. I guess the one thing I did was change the default install dir from Ninjatrader 6.5 to Ninjatrader 6.5.1000.7 with the thought that it wouldn't over right the previous version, but that would have been to obvious...so maybe it got screwed up b/c of that.

Rgds,
      -c

Comment

Vince,

So when I hit ctrl-shift-R to refresh historical data, the pop up window just sits there saying "sorting grid".

I searched the forums and found nothing on this.

Comment

Hi,

I responded through your regular email address.

Vince

Comment

Ok, well my trades are showing up now, that seems cool. But the loading of historical data is still taking a long time, and when it's finally finished, on a 1min chart, it's dropping the last 3 bars, and then the live feed picks up. weird...never happened in v1.0. very frustrating....i was hoping to go live next week, but this crap scares me.

Comment

Please check again tomorrow morning and see if it loads slow again.

Also check the size of your database as I expect it to be very larger since you have been working on V6.5.1000.1 for a long time. You can check under My Documents--> NinjaTrader 6.5--> DB--> NinjaTrader.MDB

Please respond through regular email.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by trilliantrader, Today, 03:01 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post helpwanted  
              Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
              2 responses