Big problem with range bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big problem with range bars

I'm having a big problem with range bars this evening using PFG data using symbol NQ 12-08. The problem seems to start after the normal market close for today 11/06. I took screen shots of both the normal volume chart and abnormal range bar chart but can't seem to get them posted here. Maybe someone can simply set up something and test it.

It might help if you explain the problem since you can't upload pics.

Comment

More info on range bar problem

The problem was hard to describe since I had limited data to analyze it. This morning I tried again and minute and volume charts look just fine. Range bar charts using PFG data show the data runs all the way down to the value zero at about 1800 EST and then back up to the proper value at about 1853. Curiously PFG was having zero print problems yesterday which messed up charts on the PFG platform but not NT during RTH. Here is what PFG wrote yesterday in response to my inquiry on the PFG PRO platform problem: It should be fixed here shortly. Here's what was posted: Yesterday we switched to the new GLOBEX FIX/FAST market data gateway, and because of this, our tick server program was changed. So, the implementation of the change is responsible for these problems. It should be resolved shortly. Thank you for your patience. Yesterday NT seemed to work fine until 1800 EST when the zero print appeared and if I was able to edit the data manually, I could fix the problem myself. I've already tried reloading the historical data but the problem is still there. With the passage of time this problem will fix itself as that bad data point disappears off the screen but my concern is what happens when another bad print arrives. I was really hoping someone with PFG data could try to duplicate the problem. It seems odd to me this happens only with range bars and not with volume or minute bars.

Comment

Hello topstep,

I tested a NQ 12-08 5 Range chart, but could not reproduce the issue.

I suggest to delete the historical tick data for yesterday by going to Tools-->Historical Data-->Delete.

Open up a new chart and check if the issue persists.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Fix didn't work

I tried the fix you suggested but the problem remains. The good news is the 8 tick range chart has fixed itself by collecting a sufficient amount of new data. The 60 tick range chart was simply replaced by a 60 minute chart. It will be days before I can use the 60t range chart again.

Comment

Could you please send me a screenshot of the chart. You can send it to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Please reference this forum thread and put "Attn Jason" in the subject header.
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by geotrades1, Today, 10:02 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post geotrades1  
            Started by ender_wiggum, Today, 09:50 AM
            1 response
            0 likes