Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Multiple stops at different prices on same strategy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple stops at different prices on same strategy?

Is it possible to create a strategy which uses multiple stops at different prices and places them at the time of entry?

e.g.on YM: long entry (2contracts) at 10840, 1st stop (1 contract) at 10835, 2nd stop (1 contract) at 10830, 1st target (1 contract) at 10845, 2nd target (1 contract) at 10860.

I would like to manage such a strategy through a single basic entry window if possible, apologies if I have overlooked the obvious.

imported post

Not at this time, on list for future consideration.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

Going through the forum, I have noticed this topic. I have the same issue.

Am I correct thinking that one way around it would be to open 2 different positions on the same YM contract, entering at the same price and then managing them with different stops/targets ?

If one has a 5 or 10 lot strategy it could be quite a nightmare, though. ANy idea as to if and when this issue could be sorted?

Thanks

Comment

imported post

Yes you could do that or, you could place a STOP order into the active strategy via middle mouse click.

Comment

imported post

Ah, then I have probably missed something.

Say that I am 3 lots long at 16 in YM. The market is now at 80. My stop is now at 35 (all 3 lots). Can I put a stop for 1 lot at 70, 1 lot at 55 and keep the third at 35?

From your last post I understand that if I centre-click on the bid column at 70 for 1 lot and then at 55 for 1 lot, the third stop size will be adjusted automatically to 2and then 1if these two stops will be hit.

However It looks likeI can move only one stop. If I centre-click on 70 I have a pending order for 1 lot (the 35 still says 3 lots). If I centre-click then on 55, the stop at 70 disappears.Correct? Anyway around it?

Comment

imported post

You can your original at 35, then place a stop order to sell 1 at 70, once that is filled NT will adjust the original stop at 35 to 2 contracts, you can then place your next stop at 55, then once that is filled NT will adjust the stop at 35 to one contract.

Ray

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by cre8able, Today, 01:16 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post cre8able  
            Started by chbruno, 04-24-2024, 04:10 PM
            3 responses