Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT 7.0.1000.42 Freezing (not responding) frequently

Hi,

I'm using NT 7.0.1000.42 and the software is freezing, or "Not Responding," frequently. I've seen this happen when attempting to use any drawing tool and also when changing the timeframe of a chart. I believe I am using the most current version of NT 7 and I have cleared the cache folder under the DB folder. I didn't do a lot of research to see if this is a known problem, but do you have any suggestions? As always, thanks for the great support! NT is awesome.

DSF

I failed to mention this....the system is usually freezing with "NT not responding" displayed. THe freeze normally lasts 20-30 seconds. Once NT completely shut down and had to be rebooted, but normally it just freezes for 20-30 seconds and the unfreezes. Thanks!

Comment

Hello dallasstarsfan,

First to ensure you do not have any corrupt data stored please use the steps I have provided below to delete your historical data:
      • Close NinjaTrader
      • Documents
      • NinjaTrader 7
      • Open the db folder
      • Delete the cache, day, minute and tick folders
      • Restart NinjaTrader
      This initial load may take a little longer than normal since all new data is being loaded from the historical data servers. If the issue persists please close any workspaces that may be running in the background as these will also take CPU resources. To check what workspaces are open please go to File->Workspaces and anything listed under "Save Workspace As" are open workspaces.

To close a workspace please left click on the workspace to select then go to File->Workspaces->Close Workspace. Continue this process until all workspaces are closed except for the one you are currently using.

Within your current workspace please close any windows that are not needed such as charts, SuperDOMs, etc.

Please right click in your chart(s) and verify the days you currently have set for "Days to load". If possible can you reduce this value to the minimum amount of data you require then restart NinjaTrader.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over performance tips.

Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by f.saeidi, Today, 10:19 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post f.saeidi  
      Started by kujista, Today, 06:23 AM
      4 responses
      0 likes