trouble with atm strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trouble with atm strategy

Here is the strategy I am trying to implement. trading 3 contracts. target 1 trades 2 contracts with profit target of 4 ticks and stop loss of 8 ticks. the second part trades 1 contract with profit target of 16 ticks and same stop loss of 8 ticks. I want the stop for all contracts to go to breakeven plus one when price moves 5 ticks in my favor. for some reason when I tried implementing this atm the first 2 contracts are immediately bought/sold within 1 tick of movement! can u show me on the atm how to set up this strategy?

Hello einstein,

Thank you for your message.

Please upload a screenshot of your ATM and Stop Strategy settings for this setup. This will allow me to both take a look at what settings may be incorrect and explain that alongside this setup with the settings you'll need for better understanding.

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction

Thank you very much in advance. I look forward to assisting you further.
    Justin D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

here they are
      Attached Files

Comment

it gets worse. this is what happened when I put in a buy market order around 4474 puts me in at 4483.50 with dialog box talking about selling! what is going on? Click image for larger version

Name:	sell stop.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	178.2 KB
ID:	1170747

Comment

Hello einstein,

Thank you for those screenshots.

With those exact settings, your ATM Strategy has 3 Total Contracts with a Stop Loss of 8. At 4 Ticks in your favor, your first 2 Contracts will close, and your 3rd one will close at 20 Ticks in your favor. At 5 Ticks in your favor, your 3rd Contract's Stop Loss will Auto Breakeven +1 Tick.

In summary, your ATM Strategy is set up correctly and matches the behavior you are looking for. However, the behavior you are experiencing tells me that your chart may not be receiving live data correctly or may be falling behind the current price.

As a quick test, does your chart's current price change drastically if you right-click and select Reload Historical Data? Does this behavior persist if you put in a Market order to start your strategy?

Justin D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

market is closed for now. will have to retry on monday and get back to you

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:56 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post kempotrader  
            Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:54 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post kempotrader