Alert for CandleStickPattern Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alert for CandleStickPattern Indicator

I believe that this is a native indicator.

I've installed it and set it to indicate doji bars. Because I only want the alert and not the text placed under the bar, e.g., Doji # 2081, I have unchecked the "Visible" box.

I am receiving neither pop-up alerts nor messages in the Alerts Log.

Is this a function of my setting it to invisible or is there something else that I need to do to view the alert?

Thanks,
    Stephen

I just checked the "Visible" box and an alert appeared for the next occurring doji.
    Unfortunately, it's unreadable in the Alerts Log.
    I'm using the standard NT dark background, and the Alert is showing as a light grey blob. The properties under grid font doesn't include any properties for color.
    Assuming that you can tell me how to make it readable, is there a way that I can view the alerts in the log without making the text under the bar visible?
    Here's a screenshot of the Alerts Log window:
    Is there a way to create a pop-up window for the alert?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard Image.jpg
Views:	375
Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	1170952

Comment

Hello,

So far I am unable to reproduce the issue you are seeing with the dark default background of NinjaTrader. Does the issue persist if you change the 'skin' setting under Tools>Options>General?

Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm using the slate gray skin. I changed it to the slate light. I'm not going to use that skin and changed it back before any dojis appeared so that I could test the new skin. I can try it this afternoon, after I finish trading for the day.

Could you please see if you couldduplicate my issue with the slate gray skin?

It seems to me that, since the skin and the indicator are both native NT, this is a bug, which I hope that you can fix--all of my other windows are legible. I'm a non-programmer, but it would seem to me that including a color picker for the Alert window font options would be do-able as you already have the rest of the font attributes there.

In any case, I have many windows open, and it's difficult to keep track of the Alerts window. I'd be appreciative if you could put in a feature request for the Alerts pop-up to be selectable for that indicator.

Comment

Hello,

I'm also unable to reproduce this with this skin option as well. As a first step, I would try resetting the UI file in your installation. To do this, shut down NinjaTrader and go to Documents/NinjaTrader 8 and delete the UI.xml file listed here and restart NinjaTrader.

Does the issue persist?

Comment

I shut down Ninja and deleted the UI.xml file.
            Before I got your note, I had taken a screenshot of the log with the lighter background.
            After your note, I shut down NT, deleted the file and re-booted using the original skin. As you can see, the issue persists.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard Image.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	11.2 KB
ID:	1171001Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard Image (1).jpg
Views:	310
Size:	8.9 KB
ID:	1171002

Comment

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email as well as the link to this post: 3260110 ATTN Ryan

Comment

3260110 ATTN Ryan

I just sent you the log and trace files.
                I should have mentioned that I had another issue which I think will show up in the logs: I couldn't log on this morning.
                That issue was resolved by following the suggestion to re-boot Windows 10 and upgrade to the latest NT version (which couldn't have been more than one iteration behind.
                The issues which we're discussing continued after that.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
                8 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post ryjoga