Time stamp differential

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time stamp differential

Hello, There's a timestamp differential between the current time and the timestamp displaying on the 1 minute bar of 9 minutes. Also I'm looking at price data for YM on TD_Ameritrade against the price data from Kinetick and there is a significant difference. Can someone assist in correcting? Thanks.

When you say 'current time' are you referring to comparing your PC clock to the NinjaTrader bar timestamp? Is the issue that NinjaTrader is ahead of your PC clock? If so, this is likely expected due to how NinjaTrader's bars are timestamped. NinjaTrader stamps a bar with the closing time of the bar. For example, a minute bar with a time of 9:31:00 AM has data from 9:30:00 AM through 9:30:59 AM. Using end of bar time stamps is required in order to be able to plot multiple series of differing time frames within a single chart all accurately synchronized to time.

If the above doesn't explain the differential you're describing, please provide further specific details about the issue.

We cannot speculate as to why data on a different platform or website would look different when compared to NinjaTrader but could only confirm whether or not NinjaTrader is working correctly based on the data it is receiving from your connected data provider. So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader 7 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.?)
    • Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on the lower-left corner of the Control Center window.
    • What YM expiry have you selected? For example, YM 12-21
    • (For a chart) what interval is selected? For example, 5 minute, 1 day, 2000 volume, 4 Renko, etc.
    • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
    Also, if possible, please provide screenshots of the symptoms you're describing.

Comment

Let me go through that checklist and I'll get back to you.

Comment

The log says I currently don't have a real time subscription. I have to contact Kinetick to see what\s the problem. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by mmenigma, Today, 02:22 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
        Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
        9 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton