Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart Errors

Hi all,

I am using both yahoo historic daily data and IB historic data.
    It seems that I am unable to properly correlate dates w/ data... anyone notice this problem?

For example yetserday's data for some reason shows up as 11/8/2008.. and i looked back and noticed all the data is "moved over" one date. And another weird thing is it shows stuff like data for 10/27/2008 as 10/28/2008.. and there is no 10/27/2008 on the chart.. despite that being a valid date. anyone else notice it?

hi someone mentioned that ninja trader goes by the date on my local computer??
    anyway to remedy this problem?

Comment

Hello,

NT works off your PC clock. There is no way around this. Most consider this a feature in that you can change your platform times to anything you want by changing your PC clock.

If the times do not match your PC clock:
      First shut down your charts then NinjaTrader. It is important that you shut the charts down first.
      Now, please sync your PC clock, by double clicking on the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop.
      Once you have done that, click on Internet Time tab and then Update. This should sync your clocks together. I believe this is causing issue.

If that does not work, try renaming your database:
      1.Shut Down NinjaTrader
      2.Go to \Documents\NinjaTrader6.5\db
      3.Rename the file NinjaTrader.mbd to OldNinjaTrader.mbd
      Note: you will lose a lot of or your data if you rename your database. However you can undo the process by deleting the new database that appears and reverting the old data base name.
      If none of this works, your windows OS may not be updated.
      Please download a patch here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en
      DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

If I sync it once and change it to NYC time.... can I then go and change it back to my time zone and have it still load in NYC time? Any chance of a fix to allow it to show NYC time always in future?

Thx for help

Comment

Hello,

I will match you PC clock time, whatever it is set to.

I will send your suggestion to our development department for consideration in the future.

Comment

Hi Ben,

I followed your instructions of renaming the old database and reopening NT.. and also downloading the patch and my data still isn't right. I ahve it now set at new york time... but it still shows trade data on Nov 8 when I load a daily chart(a Saturday?!?); all the days are "moved over" by 1. I am using Vista... your help is greatly appreciated.
            Last edited by katiewc; 11-11-2008, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Hi any help greatly appreciated. I have set my clock to NYC time and it still doesn't work... still showing up as my local time. Should i uninstall ninja trader completely? (would prefer not to)

Comment

Hello,

If you follow the instructions in my initial post your PC clock will match NT times. Is this not the case? Regardless of the actual time.

If NT time and the PC time match but you want to change the time on your PC and NT, please shut down NT then double click on your PC clock (usually in the bottom right corner of your screen) and alter the PC time. From your post it sounds like you need to change the date and not the actual time. Please do so on your PC then restart NT.

Comment

works great thx.
                  now what happens if i change it back to my local time zone.. will it still show in nyse time?

Comment

Hello,

NT will match whatever timezone you have your PC set for.

Comment

HI Ben,

thanks for helping me.. i seem to have one other rather annoying problem. The volume of the current day's trading doesn't show up on a daily chart. any reason behind that? I use IB and yahoo and both didn't work. I have all the volume on a daily chart for everyday but the current trading day. Right now my chart only shows up to 11/13/2008 (trading hasn't started yet for Friday as of now). Anyway to fix this?

Comment

Please set "Calculate on bar close" to False in the Indicator menu for the VOL indicator.

Check if the current date displays volume.
                        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
                        2 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post adeelshahzad  
                        Started by dappa, Today, 09:18 AM
                        1 response
                        0 likes