Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Futures betting and data feed

Hi,

I'd like to use NT for connecting to futures betting. I understand I need to get a seperate data feed, and I'd like to know how that fits in with the live prices from FB. Can I buy a delayed data feed and have FB supply the real time prices to complete a real time and historic full feed? If so, do the feeds just automatically 'tie' together on charts? If not, I need to get a real time feed for all my exchanges? If so, do I just trust that the data feed real time prices are exactly the same as the real time exchange prices from FB price server?

many thanks
    Dave

Hello,

When you connect to FB you will get the data that is listed on this table:

If you want historical data you can record it with our platform or you can sign up for a different data feed. In the latter case, you will just connect to one then the other.

This link will help with understanding this:
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That's great - many thanks.

Comment

gap

Hello,

I now have this working, with just one problem. My historic data goes up to 15 mins ago, so when I load this, and record the real time data after 15 mins I should have a seamless chart. But I don't, I still have the 15 min gap up to where the historic data was loaded. If I reload the historic data then the recorded last 15 mins disappears. This is what I was referring to when I said how do the feeds tie together.

So, how do I get a seamless chart?

many thanks
        Dave

Comment

Hello,

Please provide me with the exact steps you are taking so I can reproduce and advise.

This link may help:

Comment

I connect to FB, then connect to e-signal delayed feed. Then I bring up a 1 min chart. I then have a 15 min gap between real time and historic. After 15 mins, I have 15 mins history from the real time, but still a gap after that. If I reload historic, I lose the 15 mins recorded and still have a gap. Is there a reload recorded function?
            thanks
            Dave

Comment

Hi,

We will try to reproduce. You will receive an answer tomorrow morning.
              Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Dave1992,

In the control center please go to tools --> options --> data --> and check the "store real time data" then attempt to reproduce. If this doesn't work please send an e-mail to support at NinjaTrader dot com, please type in the subject line ATTN: Mike. Reference this post in the e-mail.
                MichaelNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have recently opened an account with Futuresbetting and set it up so that I can use NinjaTrader. I am currently only using NT for trade management but planned to use it more for automated strategies in the future.
                  Anyway I was trading the emini S&P last night and according to NT my P&L was $537 for my closed trades. When I received the statement from FB this morning it said the P&L was $80.
                  So I called FB this morning but was told there are technical issues between FB and NT and I should of been warned of this when setting the account up together, apparently NT doesn't show the P&L correctly.
                  Has anybody else this issue?
                  Can anyone recommend another firm that works well with NT ?

Comment

I haven't heard of this. NT doesn't know about FB spread charge, but it's easy enough to set this in NT (as commisison, per product) This is what I do. Do the buy/sell prices in NT tie up with the prices in FB, when FB spread is taken into account? This should tell you what has gone wrong. If they tie, then NT P&L should be the same minus the FB spread.

regards
                    Dave

Comment

Hi, thanks for your reply.
                      I will update NT with the comm rates for any future trades. I can see that there would be a difference between the 2 last night for the few trades I did due to commission, but not nearly $400.
                      I have now closed NT down, is there a way that I can view the trades I did last night when I open it back up? I can then check these to the FB statements.
                      Many thanks

Comment

Hi,

I think you could get them on the account perf tab - put the dates in, click generate then look at the trades tab.

Dave

Comment

Thanks dave1992, I have now got the trades.
                          There is 1 trade that NT states that I made $300 but on the FB statement the trade was closed at breakeven (-$20 incl comm). FB state that they are right there end and I have asked NT to look into it, obviously I am not happy with this.
                          Will post screen shots later.

Comment

Hello Samuelhogg,

You sent an email into support? If not, please do via Help>Mail to Support and we will look into. If so, we will address it asap.

Comment

Hi,

My point was, do the buy/sell prices tie up between NT and FB. Presumably they don't, otherwise maybe the tick size etc is different. Have you checked all the details of the product in the instrument manager?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Davidtowleii, Today, 12:15 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Davidtowleii  
                              Started by guillembm, Yesterday, 11:25 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post guillembm