Unable to Load Globex symbols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to Load Globex symbols

I use TT as my data feed through my broker. I have no trouble loading CME Globex index futures and the E-CBOT grains, but I cannot get the symbols to load for any of the electronic meats (specifically looking at Live Cattle and Lean Hogs). I was told NT supported all Globex products. I have entered both the root pit symbol (LC for live cattle for example), and the Globex symbol (LE for live cattle) to no avail. Any suggestions?

Hello,

Please confirm that your broker and data provider supports these instruments.

NinjaTrader comes pre-loaded with the most commonly traded instruments however, you may find the need to add an additional instrument. Please follow the instructions below to add an instrument in the Instrument Manager.
    • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Instrument Manager
    • Press the "New" button
    • *Enter in instrument specific information and select the appropriate exchange (add Default exchange for equities in addition to the actual exchange)
    • Fill in any relevant information under the "Misc" tab such as symbol mapping for your target connectivty provider
    • Press the "OK" button
    * If you wish to add an equity, this can be accomplished without following the steps above. Just open a chart (for example) and start typing in the symbol and a new instrument is automatically created.
    The instrument is now added to the master instrument list. Please follow the instructions below if you want to add this instrument to an instrument list.
    • Select the instrument list you wish to add the instrument to via the "Instrument lists" drop down list in the upper left hand corner
    • Select the exchange (Default recommend for equities) as this will route orders to your broker smart routing system
    • Select the appropriate expiration date if this is a futures instrument
    • Press the "<" button to add the instrument to the list
    You are now complete and can press the "OK" button.
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

yes...I use Advantage Futures, and was told by my contact there that TT supports this data...just a little odd that everything else at CME loads fine except for the meats.

Comment

Can you give us an example of a contract for which data is not streaming? The contract name and the TT symbol would be helpful.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

All of the meats:

1. Live Cattle (LE)
          2. Feeder Cattle (GF)
          3. Lean Hogs (HE)

Comment

I am still awaiting for a response from the broker as to the correct symbol mapping required from NinjaTrader.

Comment

any word yet on what the problem may be??

Comment

Unfortunately not. I will send another email to Advantage.

Comment

Meat futures

Are meat futures supported by Zen-Fire (Mirus)? Tried adding via Instrument Manager - doesn't work: "Error on loading chart data for 'LE 06-09 Globex': NinjaTrader data server does not support this instrument, no data available."

What are the correct symbols?

Comment

Hello evlap,

Yes, I was able to receive real-time data for the LE 06-09, HE 06-09 and GF 08-09.

Unfortunately historical data is not supported as per these instruments.
                    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jason,

I can see HE and GF, but not LE. The chart on CME website shows trades today. Mine T&S remains blank . See attached images. I'm on Zen-Fire thru Mirus.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hello evlap,

Please add the LE 06-09 to your default instrument list in the Instrument Manager.

Select the LE 06-09 from your instrument list and let me know if you receive data.

If not, please restart NinjaTrader and go to Tools-->Options-->Misc-tab and click Reset Instruments and try once more.

I tested the LE 06-09 on my end while connected to Zen-Fire and was able to receive real-time data.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Jason, "Reset Instruments" did the trick!

Comment

Lean Hogs

I'm also interested in trading these futures. I understand that ninjatrader is responsible for serving historical data for zenfire. I'm hoping that you will expand your coverage to include historical data for lean hogs and live cattle.

If I can get live data from zenfire for these, surely it's a simple matter for NT to add these to your list.
                            This would also bring more traders to these markets.
                            hoping to see this done soon
                            steve

Comment

Hello Steve,

I will forward your suggestion to our development team and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations for the software.

Thank you for your feedback.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by DynamicTest, Today, 11:18 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post DynamicTest  
                              Started by dcriador, Today, 01:43 AM
                              3 responses