Orders not showing in TWS, stuck at pending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orders not showing in TWS, stuck at pending

I just upgraded to the live version of NT. I use Esignal as my data provider and IB as my broker. I followed all the instructions, connected to Esignal first and then IB, which seemed to go fine. TWS asked me whether to accept the connection, I said yes and now I've got an API tab (in addition to Pending, Portfolio etc.). My account values, positions and orders that I've submitted through TWS show up fine in NT. NT shows that it's connected to both Esignal and IB. However, whenever I submit an order through NT it shows as "pending" and seems to get stuck in a zombie mode: it doesn't show up in TWS, doesn't get filled, and I'm not able to cancel the order (though disconnecting from IB cancels it). The NT log shows nothing unusual, it just notes that I've submitted an order. Any idea how I might solve this?
    Last edited by Specterx; 11-10-2008, 12:34 AM.

I have done this before using futures with ##-## date range, like ES ##-## instead of the specific expiry like ES 12-08.

Ninja doesn't complain with everything being ES ##-##, but IB doesn't like it, so Ninja will try and submit but IB will refuse.

Not sure if this is what you are seeing or not, but I know I have duplicated the behavior of "stuck pending orders" with this.

HTH.

Mike

Comment

Hello Specterx,

Could you please check if you have TWS version 887 installed as per the link below.

Continuous contracts are not supported with IB.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by ctrlbrk View Post
        I have done this before using futures with ##-## date range, like ES ##-## instead of the specific expiry like ES 12-08.

Ninja doesn't complain with everything being ES ##-##, but IB doesn't like it, so Ninja will try and submit but IB will refuse.

Not sure if this is what you are seeing or not, but I know I have duplicated the behavior of "stuck pending orders" with this.

HTH.

Mike
        That's exactly it, thanks...

Continuous contracts are not supported with IB.
        It's rather annoying to find this out after finally taking the plunge to subscribe. Is this something that's going to be supported in a future version of NT? Doesn't seem like it should be too hard to figure out what front month it is and do the "conversion."
        Last edited by Specterx; 11-10-2008, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
        Started by ScottWalsh, 04-16-2024, 04:29 PM
        7 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby