Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Is a subscription to Kinetick necessary to use NinjaTrader?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is a subscription to Kinetick necessary to use NinjaTrader?

Hi.

Do I have to have a subscription to Kinetick in order to trade using NinjaTrader?
    Thanks.

Hello M_ichel,

Thank you for your post.

You would not necessarily need a Kinetick subscription in order to trade from NinjaTrader. Most of our platform users receive market data by connecting to an account with a supported broker. For example, you will receive market data from Continuum if you open a futures trading account with NinjaTrader Brokerage.

Comment

Are you really teling me that I've been paying $1,000/year needlessly??? (I have accounts (real and paper) at Interactive Brokers and those accounts are connected to NinjaTrader).

Somehow, I had the impression that I absolutely needed an account with Kinetick in order to trade... Actually, if I remember correctly, there were even instructions to always connect to Kinetick first, and then to Interactive, not in the opposite order...

I'll give it a try tomorrow morning and we'll see.

Thanks.

Comment

Hello M_ichel,

Interactive Brokers can provide data into NinjaTrader, but there are a lot of limitations associated with their data feed. For example, Interactive Brokers does not provide any historical tick data and their real-time data is aggregated. As a result, many of NinjaTrader platform users who trade with Interactive Brokers utilize Kinetick as an alternative data solution. If our support teams recommended that you connect to Kinetick first, then this was likely due to limitations that you were experiencing with the data from Interactive Brokers.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post alifarahani  
        Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH