Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't access some tickers in Instrument Mgr

Hi.

I subscribe to NYSE data (and other exchanges) through Interactive Brokers. I also subscribe to something (not sure what) through Kinetick (the Basic service, whatever that is). I usually connect to both Kinetick and either the paper IB account or the real IB account.

I'm trying to add two instruments through the Control Center/Tools/Instrument Manager without success. Yet, I'm able to access the data for those two companies through TWS!

The companies are: Dutch Brothers Inc. Cl. A (Ticker = BROS) and M P Materials Corp (Ticker = MP). Actually, when I'm doing a search on "MP", Instrument Manager suggests Marathon OIL!!!

Also, I just noticed something weird: In the Instrument Manager window, just to the right , at the top of the window, next to "Instrument Manager", it says "1111 instruments"!!! Come on!!! Just on the NYSE, there are over 2,000 stocks!!!

What is it that I don't understand and/or not doing right???

Thanks!

Hello M_ichel,

Thank you for your post.

These instruments do not need to be added to the platform from the instrument manager. You just need to enter the symbol into the Instruments area of a chart and press Enter.

You can use the instrument search feature to instantly pull up a searchable list at any time. Please go to New > Chart > Click inside of the instrument drop-down area, and type the symbol of the instrument you want > For example Search (BROS or MP) and double click the Stock instrument you want to create a chart of in the list of instruments or press the Enter key if no results show > Click OK.

This instrument will also be added to the recent instruments list and can be chosen from that list when creating a new chart or SuperDOM.

The Stocks are in the platform you just need to search for them using the steps above and you can create the charts you need.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
    6 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post DJ888
    by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
    0 responses