Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't access NT7. Please help

Hi,

I had just completed some coding on NT7 and wanted to try out the indicator I had just completed when the application just closed after I selected the indicator. I tried running NT7 again but as soon I the control center appeared, within 5 seconds, the application shut again.

I tried restarting the desktop and the result is still the same. Shuts 5 seconds after the control center appears.

I tried removing the indicator from NT7 folder. Still the same result.

I'm running v7.0.1000.42.

I just tried it again this afternoon after removing all the workspaces from the workspace folder. NT7 opens. It still works when I select a system indicator like Stochastics. But when I go to select the indicator I just finished coding and successfully compiled, NT7 shuts down again. Could the reason be the indicator file is too big?

Could you please help?

Regards

Kay Wai
    Last edited by kaywai; 12-04-2021, 10:33 PM.

Originally posted by kaywai View Post
    Hi,

I had just completed some coding on NT7 and wanted to try out the indicator I had just completed when the application just closed after I selected the indicator. I tried running NT7 again but as soon I the control center appeared, within 5 seconds, the application shut again.

I tried restarting the desktop and the result is still the same. Shuts 5 seconds after the control center appears.

I tried removing the indicator from NT7 folder. Still the same result.

I'm running v7.0.1000.42.

I just tried it again this afternoon after removing all the workspaces from the workspace folder. NT7 opens. It still works when I select a system indicator like Stochastics. But when I go to select the indicator I just finished coding and successfully compiled, NT7 shuts down again. Could the reason be the indicator file is too big?

Could you please help?
    You probably have a very serious bug in your indicator.
    What does this indicator do?
    Can you post the code?

Did you recompile and restart NinjaTrader after removing the indicator?

Indicator file too big?
    That is highly doubtful ... perhaps even ludicrous.

Comment

bltdavid I took off all the code I added in yesterday. The problem is still there. It was working fine for months till yesterday.
      The next thing I did was to delete the whole indicator and reinstall the original that I've been using for months. NT7 still crashes when I call that indicator.
      Last edited by kaywai; 12-05-2021, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kaywai View Post
        bltdavid I took off all the code I added in yesterday. The problem is still there. It was working fine for months till yesterday.
        The next thing I did was to delete the whole indicator and reinstall the original that I've been using for months. NT7 still crashes when I call that indicator.
        Right, so obviously something is going on in that indicator
        and that indicator is causing NT7 to crash.

Does that indicator use any 3rd party assemblies?
        Has any underlying assembly used by that indicator changed?

Any messages to the log or trace files?

Have you added any catch/try blocks to your code?
        Are you catching any exceptions?

Have you added any Print statements to your code?

-=o=-

If you want more in-depth help, ya gotta throw me a bone.
        * What does that indicator do?
        * Can you post any code for that indicator?

-=o=-

Have you tried deleting your '_Workspaces.xml' file?

Have you tried resetting your database?
        Last edited by bltdavid; 12-05-2021, 11:42 AM.

Comment

And after you remove/delete/replace code for that indicator -- you are recompiling, right?

I'm sure you know you this, but ...
          deleting a '.cs' file in the Indicator folder does nothing until you recompile
          and better, to make doubly sure, you should exit and restart NinjaTrader

Comment

bltdavid Sorry just saw your post.

For some reason, NT7 decided to work again. I loaded a system indicator - Stochastic and another old customised indicator. Then I ran the "cranky" indicator again and all was well. I've added some of the code which I wrote yesterday. That's working too.

Strange. Really Strange.

But thanks again for your suggestions. Regarding catch/try blocks, I have no idea what they are about. And I'm not learnt how to use them yet. I merely added different parameters to my script - nothing too fancy - which would generate a different result.

Yes, I removed all the workspaces from the workspace holder. Reset database, no. I was only using historical data in my hard disk.

Going to recreate my workspace now.

Comment

Hi,

I was going through the trace of my error yesterday. And this seems to be the issue before it miraculously disappeared. Would you mind telling me what it means?

2021-12-05 14:37:15:701 Code.Editor.OnLoad: Failed to reference 'NinjaTrader.Custom, Version=7.0.1000.42, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null': System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
              at System.Reflection.Assembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)
              at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyNa me assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)
              at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom(String assemblyFile)
              at NinjaTrader.Code.Editor.OnLoad(Object sender, EventArgs e)

It no longer appears so I'm trying to figure out what went wrong.

Regards
              Kay Wai

Comment

It doesn't mean anything, I see those a lot, too.
                I'm pretty sure you can ignore those errors.

Ok, but what does it mean?
                I presume it means you compiled, or more accurately, the compilation completed
                and the editor tried to access something in the NinjaTrader.Custom.dll assembly,
                but the assembly reference it was using is invalid because it's been replaced by
                a new assembly, due to the compilation. Kinda catch-22 like. But I'm not sure,
                doesn't happen (for me) every compile, but that's my 2˘ on the matter.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post DJ888
                by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes