Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Can I access stock charts on my Ninja Trader platform?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I access stock charts on my Ninja Trader platform?

Hello, I trade the ES. It's the only instrument I am familiar with. I have a new associate at work who bought shares of SHIBA. I believe this is a crypto currency. I would like to pull up a chart of SHIBA for him, and provide technical analysis to it. But I don't know how to access it on Ninja Trader. Is NT for futures only? Or can I access stock charts on it, as well? Thank you.

Hello patpat,

Thank you for your post.

You can also load Cryptocurrencies, Forex, Stocks, Options, and Indexes in NinjaTrader. Currently, there is not a supported live cryptocurrency broker.

However, you can use Coinbase to load cryptocurrency data in NinjaTrader 8 for simulation trading. There is not an option to submit live trades with a Coinbase connection. The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Coinbase.

https://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGu...nnection-Guide

If you want to load stocks in NinjaTrader, you will need to be connected to a data provider that supports stocks in NinjaTrader.

For example, the NinjaTrader Continuum connection will only support futures data, the Kinetick, TD Ameritrade, and Interactive Brokers connections will support data for Stocks.

If you would like, I could have a colleague reach out to you with options to receive data for stocks.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over understanding the data provided by all of the connectivity providers. Expand the section labeled Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider
    Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.

Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ShawnB View Post
      Hello patpat,

Thank you for your post.

You can also load Cryptocurrencies, Forex, Stocks, Options, and Indexes in NinjaTrader. Currently, there is not a supported live cryptocurrency broker.

However, you can use Coinbase to load cryptocurrency data in NinjaTrader 8 for simulation trading. There is not an option to submit live trades with a Coinbase connection. The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Coinbase.

https://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGu...nnection-Guide

If you want to load stocks in NinjaTrader, you will need to be connected to a data provider that supports stocks in NinjaTrader.

For example, the NinjaTrader Continuum connection will only support futures data, the Kinetick, TD Ameritrade, and Interactive Brokers connections will support data for Stocks.

If you would like, I could have a colleague reach out to you with options to receive data for stocks.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over understanding the data provided by all of the connectivity providers. Expand the section labeled Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider
      Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
      This was excellent information, and written very clearly. Thank you very much.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
      Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
      7 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH