Alert window questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alert window questions

I have a couple of questions about alerts.

1. I see that there is an option to save the alerts to a .CSV file. Is there a way to have this done automatically, continuously? Basically, I want a continuous alert log file. This possible?

2. I haven't done any NinjaScripting yet. I intend to soon. Obviously, you can create alerts in the scripting. But, is there a way to access the contents of the alert window from NinjaScript? I'm guessing probably no, which is among the reasons why I'd like #1 above.

Thanks for any info!

Originally posted by Speedie6 View Post
    I have a couple of questions about alerts.

1. I see that there is an option to save the alerts to a .CSV file. Is there a way to have this done automatically, continuously? Basically, I want a continuous alert log file. This possible?

2. I haven't done any NinjaScripting yet. I intend to soon. Obviously, you can create alerts in the scripting. But, is there a way to access the contents of the alert window from NinjaScript? I'm guessing probably no, which is among the reasons why I'd like #1 above.

Thanks for any info!
    Hello Speedie6,

Thank you for your post.

This is possible with a custom NinjaScript.

Please see this reference: http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=3475
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks! I will check this out!

Comment

Okay, no, that's not what I want. I don't think so anyway. That requires modifying the indicator, which, I don't have source to, and don't want to do that anyway. For I'd have to modify source to all indicators making alerts. What I want is, just to have NinjaTrader store the alerts in a continuous log file regardless of what indicator generated the alert.

I can manually do that, by right-clicking on the alert window and telling it to save it. I just want it to do that automatically. And not modify any indicator.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedie6 View Post
          Okay, no, that's not what I want. I don't think so anyway. That requires modifying the indicator, which, I don't have source to, and don't want to do that anyway. For I'd have to modify source to all indicators making alerts. What I want is, just to have NinjaTrader store the alerts in a continuous log file regardless of what indicator generated the alert.

I can manually do that, by right-clicking on the alert window and telling it to save it. I just want it to do that automatically. And not modify any indicator.
          Unfortunately this is not supported.

I will forward your request to development for future consideration.

Thank you!
          Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RJStein View Post
            Unfortunately this is not supported.

I will forward your request to development for future consideration.

Thank you!
            Please! Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
            25 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
            Started by JonesJoker, 04-22-2024, 12:23 PM
            8 responses