Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Complete uninstall

Hi,

I'm trying to do a complete uninstall of NT but am left with a pair of files, a 6.4 meg DAT file called "NTUSER" and a 44 k text file called "ntuser.dat" located un the Documents and Settins folder. I cannot remove these. When I try, I get a message that says: 'Cannot delete NTUSER: It is being used by another person or program.' No one else can be using the program and I can't find another program associated with NT to explain this. Anyone have any ideas?

TIA

lj

File is locked. Reboot computer. If still locked, use unlocker:

Comment

Originally posted by Speedie6 View Post
      File is locked. Reboot computer. If still locked, use unlocker:

http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/
      Thanks speedie6.

lj

Comment

Originally posted by ljyoung View Post
        Hi,

I'm trying to do a complete uninstall of NT but am left with a pair of files, a 6.4 meg DAT file called "NTUSER" and a 44 k text file called "ntuser.dat" located un the Documents and Settins folder. I cannot remove these. When I try, I get a message that says: 'Cannot delete NTUSER: It is being used by another person or program.' No one else can be using the program and I can't find another program associated with NT to explain this. Anyone have any ideas?

TIA

lj
        Beware! These files may have the initials "NT" in them, but they are nothing to do with NinjaTrader. Leave them as they are part of Windows itself. The names are reminiscent of the days when the product was called Windows NT.

Comment

Oh, yeah, shoot, I shoulda seen that. And my recommendation to use unlocker gave him extra power to screw up his system!

So, as a warning, unlocker is a useful tool for when you really need to unlock a file that is wrongly locked. But, if you use it indescriminintly or without knowing what you are doing, bad news.

So, sorry for posting that link without proper warning!

Comment

Originally posted by pkuskopf View Post
            Beware! These files may have the initials "NT" in them, but they are nothing to do with NinjaTrader. Leave them as they are part of Windows itself. The names are reminiscent of the days when the product was called Windows NT.
            Oh! That would explain what happened when I tried to remove them using some 'dynomite' file removal software. Thanks pkuskopf.

lj

Comment

Originally posted by Speedie6 View Post
              Oh, yeah, shoot, I shoulda seen that. And my recommendation to use unlocker gave him extra power to screw up his system!

So, as a warning, unlocker is a useful tool for when you really need to unlock a file that is wrongly locked. But, if you use it indescriminintly or without knowing what you are doing, bad news.

So, sorry for posting that link without proper warning!
              No problem. The "Unlocker" software would not unlock the file. Live and learn but I did manage to get everything (except for Outlook) back to normal after the 'blasting cap adventure' I mentioned to pkuskopf.

lj

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 07:51 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Rapine Heihei  
              Started by frslvr, 04-11-2024, 07:26 AM
              5 responses
              1 like