Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Futures demo - Login Failed: Unable to connect to remote server

Hi,
    I'm trying to test the software with a Demo account and I'm able to log in with the version 8 of the software but not with the 7.
    Is there any issue or should I request the demo user explicit for the 7 version? I've tried to install and uninstall the app several times and it gives me the message "Failed to connect. Unable to connect to the remote server".
    Can you please guide me how to move forward?

Thanks

Hello Alex Ander,

Thank you for your message.

Your demo account will work correctly on both NinjaTrader 7 and 8. You will not need to get a different demo to use on NinjaTrader 7. This error message indicates that your NinjaTarder 7 platform is not getting connected correctly to the NinjaTrader servers, which will prevent you from being able to connect.

I have detailed a few general network troubleshooting steps below that may resolve this error for you (test for the issue after each step):
    • Restart NinjaTrader 7
    • Restart your PC
    • Restart your modem/router
    • Ensure that all available updates for your PC are installed from the Windows Settings > Update and Security page. Be sure to close NinjaTrader and restart your computer after any updates are installed.
    • Disconnect and reconnect to your network
    • Disable your VPN service (if applicable)
    • Clear your DNS: Open the Command Prompt > type in 'ipconfig /flushdns' > press 'Enter' on your keyboard
    • Ensure that you have the Documents\NinjaTrader 8 folder on the list of exceptions for your firewall, antivirus, or backup programs and software
    • If possible, try running your computer directly to your router/modem using an ethernet cable, or vise versa, through a WiFi connection if already hard-wired in
    This error may often occur when using an out-of-date version of NinjaTrader as well. If you are unsure if your NinjaTrader 7 version is out of date, please let me know the version you are on which is listed in the Control Center > Help > About window.

Please let me know if any of these steps resolve the error for you, and feel free to ask any additional questions you have as well.
    Justin D.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Justin,
      Thanks for the quick reply. I'm using version 7.0.1000.42
      I've tried the steps you mentioned without success
      • Restarted computer
      • Restarted Ninja Trader 7
      • Uninstal and install Ninja trader 7 removing the user folder with the config
      • Connect using wifi to my router and using a secondary connection thru my mobile phone
      • Clear DNS cache
      Any other suggestion?
      Can you let me know the destination where the log in app tries to connect to check if I can reach it?

Cheers

Alex

Comment

I also have the same problem and same nt7 version

Comment

Hello Alex Ander and aspirre,

Thank you for your updates.

If none of these steps work for you, please write into PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with your log and trace files and a link to this forum post. In your response, please also include 'ATTN Justin' in the subject line so it arrives in my inbox.

Follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
          • Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
          • Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
          • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
          • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
          Thank you in advance for these files. I look forward to assisting you further. 

Comment

Message Sent. Many thanks in advance.

Comment

Hi, I am having this issue as well with NT7. I get this message "Unable to connect to remote server". Is there an issue out there with your server ? As I am unable to login into the Demo account.

Comment

Hello singha231,

Thank you for your response.

As mentioned, if you've completed all the steps above and remain unable to connect, please write into PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with your log and trace files and a link to this forum post. In your response, please also include 'ATTN Justin' in the subject line so it arrives in my inbox. There are a number of reasons this error could occur and a solution for one user may be very different for another.

Follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
                • Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
                • Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
                • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
                • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
                Thank you in advance for these files. I look forward to assisting you further. 

Comment

I have the same problem, too.

Comment

same problem. 8 connects, 7 does not. solutions please. got work to do.

Comment

Hello, I also have the same problem.

A few days ago I downloaded the Ninjatrader platform version 7 and everything was working fine until today.
                      I tried to connect and it gives me error. I already restarted everything and downloaded the platform again and it is not solved.

I have 2 more friends who are experiencing the same thing, so I do not think it is a problem with our PCs or internet connection... I think it's a Ninjatrader server problem for version 7.
                      I already contacted Ninjatrader platform support, and sent them the LOG ZIP files but they don't know what's going on. What can we do?

Thanks

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

Hola, yo también tengo el mismo problema.
                      Hace unos días me descargué la plataforma Ninjatrader versión 7 y todo funcionaba bien hasta hoy.

He intentado conectarme y me da error. Ya reinicié todo y descargué la plataforma de nuevo y no se soluciona. Y mi usuario y contraseńa está vigente.

Tengo 2 amigos más que les está ocurriendo lo mismo, por lo que no creo que sea un problema con nuestros PCs o de nuestra conexión a internet... creo que es un problema del servidor de Ninjatrader para la versión 7.

Ya contacté con soporte de plataforma de Ninjatrader, y le envié los archivos ZIP del LOG pero no saben qué ocurre. żQué podemos hacer?

Gracias

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Currently, we are aware of a connectivity item when using Demo's provided by CQG to connect in NinjaTrader 7.

We are currently following up with our development team regarding this item.

In the meantime, the same Demo account will connect in NinjaTrader 8.

If you wish to upgrade, I have included our Migration Guide below for your reference:

Also, here is a great place for new users to start which contains many video guides that will help with initial configuration of NinjaTrader 8:
                        New User Video Guide: https://ninjatrader.com/Video-Guides

Below, you will find links to some FREE publicly available resources to help you become a NinjaTrader power user:

Live Training Webinars: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformTraining

NinjaTrader's YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/NinjaTraderLLC/featured NinjaTrader 8 Training Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ZmVnauWXkWe0Nf

Online Help Guide: https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/en-us/

Video Library: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...eo_library.htm

Thank you for your patience while we investigate.
                        Dennis E.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Any progress?

Comment

It seems that they don't care about NT7(especially demo accout) users...

Comment

Hello esgtpark ,

Thank you very much for your post.

I can assure you we care about all our users. We are currently in contact with CQG and are investigating what has caused this change; However, we hope for your understanding that NinjaTrader 7 is over 13 years old and has not received active development in some time, which can delay updates in this regard further.

Be assured, as soon as we know more we will follow up, either via email directly (if you contacted us) or in this thread.

Thank you in advance for your patience.
                              Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post GLFX005
                              by GLFX005