Indicators not plotting when GOMRecorder set to write data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicators not plotting when GOMRecorder set to write data

This seemed to start when calendar flipped to 2022. I have been using Gom Package on NT7 for a long time, but now any Gom indicator set to Write Data will not plot. Any suggestions?

I'd recommend reaching out to the developer of the GOM indicators for further troubleshooting. Please share what they report here in case it's useful for other users with the same symptom.

Comment

you are not alone leafsfan multiple people within my trading circle having issues with what you are describing as well.

I've been using GomBaseAndDeltaPackage.2.6 with NT7 for the last 7/8 years since it has been released. This is the first time I've had issue. Is it a coincidence the issue started when the year flipped to 2022?

I have GomCD indicator writing .dat files to my document folder till the last day 2021 and stops working in 2022? I find that so strange....

Comment

Hi,

It should be corrected in 2.8 available on futures.io : GomRecorder 2 - futures io

It was an integer overflow in GomFileManager
        Code:
        int newMinute = ((time.Year - 2000)) * 100000000L + time.Month * 1000000 + time.Day * 10000 + time.Hour * 100 + time.Minute;

Comment

I got an error message when I was importing V2.8. It seems to have removed GOMRecorder from my computer. Now I'm in hell - "You have custom NinjaScript files on your PC that have programming errors. These errors must be resolved before you can import a NinjaScript Archive file." Some of them are references to GOMCD but I don't know how to fix them. Any help appreciated.

Comment

I suspect the right move would be to first remove the older version of the GOM indicators before installing the new ones, however, the developer would be the ultimate expert. The literal message you're receiving indicates a compile error and would have prevented any import of any new add-ons.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader always compiles all indicators and strategies - not just one. This is done to give you the highest runtime performance possible.
            • Open NinjaTrader
            • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
            • Select ANY indicator and double click on it (we need only to open and compile one script to see all compile errors for all files).
            • A new window will appear and you will need to right-click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
            • At the bottom of the window, a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.
            • From there you have the option to comment out offending code sections, remove the complete indicator or debug it to be able to compile again.
            If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the NinjaScript File column and Error column fully visible (not to be confused with the Code column)
            • To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's, Snipping Tool.
            • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
            We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip in our Help Guide:

Comment

Hi Patrick, thank you for reaching out regarding my issue. Attached is screen shot showing errors...
              Attached Files

Comment

I have successfully install the update version 2.8 by importing the indicator package which wrote over the the existing files and recording .dat files working again! thank you gomifromparis

@leafs

Comment

leafsfan i recommend removing all GomBaseAndDeltaPackage assembly and re-installing GomBaseAndDeltaPackage.2.8

Comment

shawn9876 - could you walk me through how to do that? I'd really appreciate some guidance...

Comment

yes not sure what's going on, normally it should have overwritten the existing files.. Capture seems to say there are 2 GomCDs now ??

Comment

I only see one GOMCD when I pull up the edit indicator list.

Comment

leafsfan, custom NinjaScripts can be removed in one of two ways from within NinjaTrader 7:
                          • Indicators/strategies can come as packages called 'assemblies'. An assembly can be removed by going to File > Utilities > Remove NinjaScript Assembly > Select the assembly you wish to remove > Remove.
                          • To remove NinjaScript individually (that are not part of an assembly) you can go to Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Indicator/Strategy > Select the indicator/strategy you wish to remove > Delete. Repeat these steps for all indicators/strategies you wish to remove.\
                          With that said, I'd defer to the developer or other users more experienced with the add-on for more specific troubleshooting.

Comment

Thank you Patrick - when I try to remove via the Assembly route, I get the following error "Remove failed. You have custom NinjaScript files on your PC that have programming errors. These errors must be resolved before removing a NinjaScript assembly." So hopefully either gomifromparis or shawn9876 can help me. I'm not sure which ones I need remove individually.

Comment

try removing all the ones that start with Gom

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Belfortbucks, Today, 09:29 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Belfortbucks  
                              Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
                              0 responses