Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back Door Code?

Hi Ninjas,

After opening Ninja and trying to connect to my IB account, the IB account is greyed out in Control Centre/File/Connect ->

When I check Help/License key, the field is blank, and there is a message "NinjaTrader license servers could not be reached. Please enter your back door code here:"

I enter my license key and it says "The back door code you entered is invalid".

I thought license key = backdoor code??? If not, could some kind soul at Ninja please tell me my backdoor code?

Thanks in advance...

Antraman

imported post

How about now? Our servers are up and running.

Ray
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

Hi Ray, yes its working now, strangely enough.

Comment

license servers could not be reached

Originally posted by Antraman View Post

When I check Help/License key, the field is blank, and there is a message "NinjaTrader license servers could not be reached. Please enter your back door code here:"
        Antraman
        I'm currently getting the same problem, so cant connect to IB.
        Does NT automatically recheck for licence server connection (if so what intervals)?
        Or do I have to keep restarting NT until licence servers become available again?
        How about putting an alternate licence server in Europe?

Comment

Is there again problems with servers?

Hi,

I can not connect for the same problem!

I re-installed Ninjatrader, also delete Config.xml, but nothing happens, is not working:

OSX Leopard
          VM ware fusion
          Ninjatrader 7.0.21

Comment

Hello noyss,

The license server is up and running.

There are three main reasons why this message appears.

- Your license is truly invalid.

- The license key has been entered incorrectly. Please ensure that an incorrect character or space has not been entered at the end of your license key. Also, if the character "@" is present in the License Key we sent you, please include that as well, as it is part of the key.

- The most common reason is that a firewall on your PC or on the network your computer is on is preventing NinjaTrader from accessing our license servers. To test this, please disable all firewalls and then restart NinjaTrader and see if it works. If yes, you just need to add ninjatrader.com to the exception list (safe list) for your firewall software
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
              Hello noyss,

The license server is up and running.

There are three main reasons why this message appears.

- Your license is truly invalid.

- The license key has been entered incorrectly. Please ensure that an incorrect character or space has not been entered at the end of your license key. Also, if the character "@" is present in the License Key we sent you, please include that as well, as it is part of the key.

- The most common reason is that a firewall on your PC or on the network your computer is on is preventing NinjaTrader from accessing our license servers. To test this, please disable all firewalls and then restart NinjaTrader and see if it works. If yes, you just need to add ninjatrader.com to the exception list (safe list) for your firewall software

Now is working perfect. I don't understand why... The thing is:

-My license is absolutely valid, I 've been trading for 1 year with no problems.

-I was sure I entered correctly, I did it a lot of times.

-I tested firewall and didn't work as well.

For more than 2 hours Ninjatrader didn't react, but now is ok. Still don't know what was the failure...

Comment

Good to hear it works again. I am not sure what caused the issue on your end. I did not see any reports from other customers.

If the issue recurs, please let me know and check for any consistencies with today's occurrence.
                JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Backdoor code?

I am having the same problem as described several times in this thread. I have a valid license, it is entered correctly and my Windows firewall identifies Ninja as an exception. What is the back door code if not the license? I have had this happen three times today and it's a pain. Help will be appreciated.

As an additional comment, if I reinstall Ninja it logs in correctly and I can get into my accounts.
                  Last edited by ORGramps; 03-24-2014, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Hello ORGramps,

Thank you for your forum post.

If you receive this error message it means that NinjaTrader was not able to reach it's licensing servers.

Common reasons for this include software (firewalls, anti-virus, pop-up blocker, etc.) which are blocking NinjaTrader from communicating with licensing servers or ISP issues.
                    - NT licenses, vendor license files and a server based configuration file are downloaded from per HTTP and HTTPS from:

* www.ninjatrader.com
                    • IP - 74.200.197.238
                    • Ports - 80 & 443

* www.ninjatrader-support2.com
                    • IP - 64.38.21.160
                    • Ports - 80 & 443

If you have not done so already, please restart your PC, modem and router, then load NinjaTrader and see if the issue persists.

If still not working you will need to configure your anti-virus or disable it completely, and re-enter the license key from:
                    • Control Center > Help > License Key...
                      Note: Make sure that there are no spaces at the beginning or end of the license key since the software is case sensitive.

If you're behind a corporate firewall you need to contact your network administrator and ask if he can create permission to bypass the firewall

Please let me know if this helps to resolve the situation or if I can provide any further assistance.
                    Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Back Door Code

Ryan,

Thanks for the comprehensive response. I had already several times restarted my system with the problem still occurring. Since the system had worked before with the firewall settings I have, I have assumed that is not the problem. Therefore, I restarted my router and my system. Now everything is working OK.

Now that I know the "back door code" is the license code, are the "-"'s included? In the sim only mode of operation (not live and sim) when prompted I have entered the license with those, Ninja has frozen.

Thanks in advance for your anticipated answer on this last related question.

Comment

Hello ORGramps,

Thank you for the follow up.

When entering the license key, you will need to make sure the "-"s are included otherwise NinjaTrader will not be able to validate the license key properly.

If NinjaTrader is going to a not responding mode after entering your license key with the dashes and clicking OK, I would like to investigate this situation further.

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Ryan L." in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
                        1.) A link to this forum thread.
                        2.) Your latest log and trace file:
                        You will find the log file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.
                        • The log file will be named "log.20140324.txt"

You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
                        • The trace file will be named "trace.20140324.txt"
                        Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Having the same issue " "NinjaTrader license servers could not be reached. Please enter your back door code here:"

I've had so many problems with NT8 that I think I'll switch to Tradovate. NT8 is an outdated software that isn't very stable, or at least that is my experience of it.

I had high hopes when I started using NT8 about a year ago, but soon realised the free version is next to useless for trading and I will not pay $1000 for an outdate and ill-functioning software.
                          Last edited by FinTurtle; 10-07-2020, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Hello FinTurtle,

I would like to take a closer look at your log & trace files to track down why you would receive this error.

As the log & trace files may contain sensitive information, I'd like to ask you to email us at platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com, we can then take a closer look.

To forward your log & trace files, please open NinjaTrader and click on Help > Email Support.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: ATTN Manfred: 2779031

Thank you in advance!
                            Manfred F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
                            1 response
                            0 likes
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
                            Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
                            0 responses