Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Datafeed for VX (VIX Futures)

Hello everyone,

I have been trading the MES for the past two years, using the VX (VIX futures) to help my trading decissions. However, since the end of last week, it seems that Ninjatrader is not offering this data anymore, as brokerage support assured me.

What alternatives are open? Is there a possibility to subscribe to Kinetick for the CBOE futures (79$) and use it as second data feed, using Ninjatrader Continuum as the first data feed for MES futures data and placing trades?

The decission to discontinue this data service puzzles me, since there was not even a notification.

Thanks for your input,
    Fernando

Hello FArias,

When working with multiple connections in NinjaTrader 8, you can set a preferred connection for real-time and historical data for each instrument type. It would not be possible to receive real time data from multiple data connections for the same instrument type, such as futures in NinjaTrader 8 at this time.

Here is a link to the NinjaTrader Help Guide with more information about setting preferred data connections:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ataConnections
    Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Christopher,

thanks for the fast reply.

I am using NT 7, but I guess the same applies? So my workaround would not be possible? How can I use VX data into NT then?

Do you know of any reasons why the VX data feed was discontinued?

Thanks,
      Fernando

Comment

Hello Fernando,

In NinjaTrader 7 the connection order determines what data provider is used. Since NinjaTrader Continuum and Kinetick both support futures, the first connection connected would be used for all futures data.

For information on the availability of futures contract with NinjaTrader Brokerage you can send an email to brokeragesupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com

Comment

Hello Christopher,

that means that I would need all real-time data coming from Kinetick (MES and VX), right?. Do I Need a data subsscription with NT then (just to place trades)

Regards,
          Fernando

Comment

Hello Fernando,

Correct, real time data for futures can only come from one data provider at a time so you would need to receive the data for the MES and VX from Kinetick. You can subscribe to Kinetick through the link below.

For information on the requirements to trade your account you will want to contact the brokerage team at brokeragesupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com

Comment

Thanks Christopher, will do!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post DynamicTest  
              Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM