Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Default ATM

Hi,

I flip through a lot of charts in the chart trader to look at stocks...... Is there any way to have my custom ATM strategy loaded as default? I have to change it from none to my strategy every time before entering a position.

thanks
    Geo

Hi geoarb,

Thanks for your post.

There is no default setting for loading a specific custom ATM template when you open a chart with ChartTrader.

However you can save your charts with ChartTrader and the custom ATM template enabled as a workspace (File > Save > Workspace).

Please also review this link fro our helpguide - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...orkspaces.html
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm a little lost as to how this works. I set up a new workspace with a chart and the chart trader active. I saved it. I added an ATM strategy to the chart trader and saved it again. I closed the workspace, and when I re-opened the workspace the ATM strategy was back to none. What am I missing?

I would like to set up either a chart with chart trader open and a specific ATM stragegy as the default on the chart or accomplish the same thing using workspaces so when I open the workspace the chart and chart trader open with a selected ATM strategy as the default one (instead of none).

Thanks.

Sam

Comment

Hi Sam, thanks for your post - just retested this and can unfortunately confirm your findings, however it works for me on the SuperDOM's when saving in a workspace.

Comment

So you're saying if I add a SuperDOM to my workspace, set up a specific ATM strategy on it, and then save the workspace, when I open the workspace again SuperDOM will open with the ATM I set...?

Thanks

Comment

Yes Sam, just tried this and it worked for me.

Comment

More on this...

On workspaces...you may have a DOM up for some charts on a particular primary contract but also have other charts (with other different secondary contracts) with just the chart trader active...the ATM Strategies set on the secondary contracts will not save in the windows with just the chart trader active when the workspace is closed...then when you open those workspace(s) again you have to reset the ATM's on all of your chart trader windows.

It would be good if these ATM's were saved on all windows when a workspace is closed....

You might also even have a different ATM set in the chart trader vs the ATM set in the DOM on a primary contract window and ideally these should be saved as well I believe.

Thanks...

Comment

Alfred, thanks for the detailed post - this is already on our list for future implementation.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                47 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post aligator  
                Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes