Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replay problem

Hi,
    i recently downloaded ninjatrader as i wish to practice trading on the weekends with the market replay function. I have the software set up and get data from zenfire.

I have had the software a few days. I have 'market data replay' checked. I then open the chart and leave it on all day. But I now see that it only appears to have recorded about 15 minutes of each session.

What am i doing wrong?

Originally posted by subterfuge View Post
    Hi,
    i recently downloaded ninjatrader as i wish to practice trading on the weekends with the market replay function. I have the software set up and get data from zenfire.

I have had the software a few days. I have 'market data replay' checked. I then open the chart and leave it on all day. But I now see that it only appears to have recorded about 15 minutes of each session.

What am i doing wrong?
    Hello Subterfuge,

Thank you for your post.

I suggest leaving a market analyzer open with any instruments you wish to record, this takes up less room than a chart and allows you to record more instruments.
    When you go to File --> Connect --> Market Replay and bring up the player, you can right click to see all of the instruments and the available time.
    Please see this link for detailed instructions: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...verview14.html

Test the Market Analyzer and let me know if it records the correct amount of data.
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hiya

I have actually already watched that vid.

Here is what i see if i do what you said and go to instruments available:

what is market analyzer and how do i endable it to see if it fixes my issue? thx
      Attached Files

Comment

hiya

I have actually already watched that vid.

Here is what i see if i do what you said and go to instruments available:

what is market analyzer and how do i endable it to see if it fixes my issue? thx
        Make sure you are chosing the correct date in the Market Replay options.

Please see this link for the market analyzer: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...verview38.html
        You can add a list of instruments that will all be recorded for playback on a chart.

Comment

ok. I have found market analyzer under 'file - 'new' and have it on, so we'll see tomorrow if that fixes things.

As far as 'chosing the correct date in market replay', i have 3 options/dates thus far. Today, yesterday and the day before as I installed the software 3 days ago. How is there a correct date? Aren't they all 'correct' depending on what day i wish to replay? - Sorry if I have misunderstood you.

Thanks alot for your help.

Comment

I just meant make sure you are chosing the date you recorded the data on, as they may be days when you only connect for a couple mintues, yet NT recorded data.
            -This doesn't seem to be the case though

Please let me know how it works tomorrow.

Comment

ok, im back as promised.

I put market analyzer on early in the morning (UK time) before going to work and only closed the platform half an hour ago.

I just clicked on todays market raplay instrument options and it 'looks' like it recorded the whole day on the ES which is what i was after...

Does this screen capture suggest that i can now play back the whole days ES action?

cheers
              Attached Files

Comment

ok, im back as promised.

I put market analyzer on early in the morning (UK time) before going to work and only closed the platform half an hour ago.

I just clicked on todays market raplay instrument options and it 'looks' like it recorded the whole day on the ES which is what i was after...

Does this screen capture suggest that i can now play back the whole days ES action?

cheers
                Yes, this screen shows that your ES data was recorded and available for playback.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by smartromain, Today, 10:50 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post smartromain  
                Started by popecapllc, 08-09-2023, 07:42 PM
                10 responses
                0 likes