chart freezes every time I enter trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chart freezes every time I enter trade

trading NT 7 1000.42 with cqg data feed. every time I enter trade my chart freezes and I do not know my position. need assistance.btw it does not seem to freeze in sim only with live trades
    Last edited by einstein; 02-07-2022, 10:11 AM.

Hello einstein,

Thank you for reaching out.

CRITICAL — If your inquiry involves live orders, please always reach out to your broker's Orders Desk immediately to confirm and manage your live orders and positions.

Please know that for any form of Order analysis, it would be recommended to write into the NinjaTrader Support team directly as the Forum is a publicly facing location and we would not discuss any personal or private information here.
    • I will provide general information and things to try here, but if the behavior continues, please write in to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com directly with your log and trace files so we may analyze what is happening with your NinjaTrader platform specifically:
      • Open Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents") > 'NinjaTrader 8' folder or "NinjaTrader 7' folder
      • Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
      • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com
      • Enter the Subject as "Clayton ATTN 3476208"
      • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Test placing an order from a Blank/Basic Workspace:

As a test, please take the following steps to force NinjaTrader to start without your saved workspace. You will have the option to reopen these after our tests.
    • Shut down NinjaTrader
    • Navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces
    • Delete the file named "_Workspaces.XML". DO NOT delete the 'workspaces' folder - only delete the '_Workspaces.XML' file within the 'workspaces' folder
    • After deleting this file, restart NinjaTrader which should start up without any workspaces.
    • Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please open a new chart with no custom bar types/indicators/templates and place some test trades to see if everything is working as expected here.
    • *Please note this will not delete your workspace however the new blank workspace will be named Untitled1. If you have a workspace already named "Untitled1," however, you will not want to save the workspace when exiting NinjaTrader, otherwise, it will overwrite it.

If there are no issues on this new workspace, please try opening the previous workspace by going to File--> Workspaces--> Open workspace.
    • If this reintroduces issues, I would suggest rebuilding your workspace, adding 1 indicator at a time. Please keep track of what indicators you add back in so that we can narrow down what indicator is causing the issue if the issue returns. I also suggest making a backup of your workspace so we can restore a backup if the issue returns.

If you are still having trouble with your orders within this Blank/Basic workspace, please use the steps above to write into the NinjaTrader Platform Support team directly with the requested files.
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

i have sent the log and trace files. and I have a new chart up with no indicators. should I be trying to place a LIVE trade? I do not wish to be in a trade if there are any issues

Comment

seems to be ok SIM mode but that was not the problem. how do i test in live mode without really placing a trade

Comment

just wanted to state that I only use 1 indicator on my chart-- an EMA. also tick counter and daily hi/lo which are not really indicators

Comment

Hello einstein,

Thank you for the updates.

Since we have received your files directly, we will be responding to you directly through email.

Please continue to respond to our emails directly to ensure the fastest resolution.

Thank you!
            Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

could you respond to my latest email?

Comment

What was the fix? Same thing happening to me. I havn't used desktop software in years - argh so old fashioned this thing

Comment

Hello Problem_Gambler,

Can you please send your log and trace files to "platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com", so I can investigate.
                  • Navigate to the Documents-->NinjaTrader 7 folder.
                  • Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
                  • Attach the 2 compressed folders as attachments in your email.
                  • Enter the email subject as "Jason H, Att 303728237"
                  • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
                  JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by f.saeidi, Today, 12:14 PM
                  4 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post f.saeidi  
                  Started by Russ Moreland, Today, 12:54 PM
                  1 response
                  0 likes