Getting autotrader to take trades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting autotrader to take trades

OK, new to Ninja, trying to extract myself from TradeStation. Got an autotrader built, applied it to a chart, but it doesn't take trades, either on the sim account or live. It does for the programmer. I use patsystems for the data feed, he uses esignal(not sure if this matters).

Any help here?

Thanks,

Moneyman

Hi moneyman,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forums. Just to confirm, you are talking about a NinjaScript Strategy correct? Please first connect to your data provider, pull up a chart that is receiving streaming data, and then add the strategy onto the chart. Then take a look in the Control Center logs for any errors.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OK, that is all working. I am getting a good feed from patsystems. no errors that i see.

Comment

Try throwing on the SampleMACrossOver strategy and see if that trades.

Comment

Tried that, and it showed previous trades from the day on the chart. Didn't try it long enough to see if it was taking trades, but having the previous trades show up on the chart was more than my strategy was showing.

Comment

should AT Interface be checked?

Comment

AT Interface does not matter for NinjaScript Strategies. Since we have now confirmed that your NinjaTrader is not at fault since the standard SampleMACrossOver strategy is capable of trading you will want to go back to your programmer. You want to ask the programmer how to get it to work and if the strategy has been limited to real-time only.

Comment

I did. He ran it on his chart successfully. Yet mine, it doesn't run. He has no idea...

Comment

moneyman,

We have no idea how your strategy is coded and as such we are not in a position to advise you. You could try reinstalling NinjaTrader along with .NET to see if that helps.

1. Backup anything you want via File->Utilities->Backup
                  2. Uninstall NT
                  3. Delete My Documents\NinjaTrader 6.5 folder
                  4. Uninstall .NET 2.0
                  5. Clear browser cache
                  6. Reinstall .NET 2.0
                  7. Reinstall NT
                  8. Try your strategy again

Comment

ok, so can you point me to a place where ninja coding experts hang out, so i can contact one or more and see if they can solve this for me? My head is ready to explode trying to figure out what is most likely a very minor setting issue...

Comment

If you want you could hop over to the NinjaScript Strategy Development section and throw up your strategy there. See if people know what is going on, but the most useful source of information will still be from your programmer. Get him to provide you with exact steps to get it to work. Try running on the same instrument as him with the same settings. Ensure he is running it in real-time. You run in real-time as well. Eliminate all differences possible. Unfortunately we do not know how to provide you further support on this as this is a 3rd party script issue (we already confirmed that the default NinjaScripts worked on your end).

Comment

New to NT and have the same issue with NT 7. The standard SampleMACrossOver works well, but none of mine.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Gary

Comment

Welcome to our forums - are there any errors in the log tab of the Control Center? This would be the first place to check if you run into unexpected results. Are you having enough historical data loaded in your chart? Also it would be important to check your conditions are really triggering any trades, for this Print statements to debug are very helpful - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=3418
                          BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
                            Welcome to our forums - are there any errors in the log tab of the Control Center? This would be the first place to check if you run into unexpected results. Are you having enough historical data loaded in your chart? Also it would be important to check your conditions are really triggering any trades, for this Print statements to debug are very helpful - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=3418
                            Great. After using TraceOrders = true, the order seemed triggered and I saw the error message "... submitted an order that generated the following error 'OderRejected'. Strategy has sent cancel requests, attempted to close the position and terminated itself" in the message dialog. The opened position was closed immediately. Any ideals to fix that?

Comment

Looks like I have to use TraceOrders = true to have the strategy trigger the order, but I didn't see it in your sample.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Haiasi, Today, 06:53 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                              Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred