Multiple Entries from Tradestation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Entries from Tradestation

I have a strategy written in Tradestation that connects to Ninja through the email connection. I have an initial long entry, and then I want to add on at EntryPrice - x, and EntryPrice - x - y. I set a profit target immediately after entry. The profit target may be different depending on whether the add ons have been filled. I have several questions/problems.

1. In TS, the ProfitTarget is entered immediately after entry. In Ninja, it waits until the next bar.
    2. If the Profit Target is hit, and the add ons have not been filled, they remain active until the next bar which can be a problem in fast moving markets.
    3. Also, the orders are placed for all add ons as soon as the first entry is made. I can probably control this in the Easy Language, but is there an easy way to only place the order for the closest add on?

I guess, the real question is, how do I make these orders behave like tradestation?

Thanks in Advance for you help!!!

sgordon77,

1. Orders are submitted in NT when the email notification is received. See if setting one of these options differently fits your needs: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...andlingOptions

2. You would probably need to work in your TS code to explicitly cancel those orders.

3. You would need to control this in your TS code.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your quick response Josh.

For #2, my understanding is that there is not a way to explicitly cancel orders in tradestation.

In TS you have something like:
      Buy next bar at market;

Sell next bar at ProfitTarget limit;
      Sell next bar at StopPrice stop;

If the profit target or stop is filled the other order is immediately exited.

Comment

sgordon77,

We are not TradeStation experts here so cannot advise you on TS code. It may be more appropriate to ask on their forums how to cancel orders.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
        169 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post QuantKey_Bruce  
        Started by Irukandji, Yesterday, 02:53 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes