Unhandled exception: There is not enough space on the disk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unhandled exception: There is not enough space on the disk

I was trying to back test an automated strategy and it worked for 1 month worth of back testing then it said the cache was full and completely kicked me out of Ninja trader. Now when I log back into my account, I can't even pull up a chart. I get the error message Unhandled exception: There is not enough space on the disk. How can I fix this?

Hello gvaughn,

Thank you for your inquiry.

I'd like to review your log and trace files so that I can get a better idea of exactly what is occurring. Since there is personally identifiable information in your log and trace files, you'll need to send these over via email.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 3542492 ATTN Zachary

If you are unable to launch the platform normally, try launching it in Safe Mode in order to send these files.

To enable safe mode, please use the following steps:
    • Exit NinjaTrader.
    • Hold the CONTROL key and double click the NinjaTrader icon.
    • Keep the CONTROL key held down until you see the Control Center.
    • You can verify you are in safe mode by going to Help -> About.
    I look forward to further assisting you.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I sent it let me know if you got it.

Comment

Hello gvaughn,

Thank you for your reply.

I have not yet received it. Has anyone responded to your email at this point? If not, please resend it and make sure to include 3542492 ATTN Zachary in the subject line.

I look forward to working with you.

Comment

It's not letting me even send a ticket to you guys it just gets stuck.

Comment

Now it's saying
            Error Not enough memory to send mail

Comment

Hello gvaughn,

Thank you for your response.

Please send us an email at platformsupport(at)ninjatrader(dot)com manually and attach the files to that email. Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
              • On your PC, open Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents") > 'NinjaTrader 8' folder
              • Right-click on the 'log' folder and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
              • Right-click on the 'trace' folder and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
              • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
              • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
              I look forward to further assisting you.

Comment

I deleted and reinstalled ninjtrader8 it seems to be working now. I'll let you know if I have any issues. Thank you

Comment

I just sent the email 3542492 ATTN Zachary. Now Ninja trader is saying my custom strategies have programming errors. They all ran fine yesterday. Please help I'm really stuck I'm trying to compress the trace files, but it says it's too big to attach. The log file says it doesn't have enough memory.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Here is what it is saying regarding my files
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hello gvaughn,

From the first error that you shared, it looks like your PC is out of space on your hard drive. Please check the amount of storage available on your PC. To do this;
                      1. Select the Start button, and then select Settings .
                      2. Select System > Storage.
                      How much space is left on your PC? Does the issue persist if you take steps to free up space on your PC. I've provided a publicly available link explaining how to free up space with Windows below;

If regard to the NinjaScript error, please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader always compiles all indicators and strategies - not just one. This is done to give you the highest runtime performance possible.
                      For NinjaTrader 8:
                      • Open NinjaTrader
                      • From the Control Center select the New menu--> select NinjaScript Editor
                      • Right-click in the window and select Compile to compile all NinjaScript objects
                      • At the bottom of the NinjaScript Editor window, a new section will appear where you can find the error locations
                      • You can exclude the file referenced in the editor by double-clicking on the appropriate object type on the right of the NinjaScript Editor window. This will expand the object type folder. You can then select the file with a left-click--> right click on the object--> then select Open to begin debugging the file, Exclude From Compilation, or Remove to delete the file.

If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the NinjaScript File column and Error column fully visible (not to be confused with the Code column)
                      • To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's, Snipping Tool.
                      • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip in our Help Guide:
                      I look forward to your response.

Comment

I sent you a jpeg of the error messages I'm getting. I will free up space on my hard drive, but these error messages aren't allowing me to do anything. I cannot even delete them.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hello gvaughn,

I want to be clear that these errors are entirely separate of the out of memory exception. Resolving these errors will allow you to import/export NinjaScript items again but it will not resolve the out of memory exception, since that has to do with your PC being out of hard drive space.

With regard to CS0006, this error is caused when a .dll file is being referenced that NinjaTrader is unable to locate. To resolve this issue;

1. Right-click within the NinjaScript Editor window and select "References".
                          2. Locate and select the reference to the .dll file mentioned in the Error.
                          3. Click "remove" to remove the reference.
                          4. Click "OK" and recompile.

A video demonstration of this process is publicly available at the link below;

This video demonstrates how to resolve the ‘Metadata file not found’ compile error in NinjaTrader 8.

Please let us know if we may assist you any further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
                          3 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                          Started by lorem, Today, 09:18 AM
                          1 response
                          0 likes