Exit names on account performance report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exit names on account performance report

On the 'trades' tab of the account performance report, the exit names seem to be the same (Target1) regardless of whether I manually exit a trade by closing a position (e.g. hitting the close button on SuperDom) or whether I let the price hit my profit target. As I would like to distinguish between the two scenarios, is there a way to configure NT to either rename the exits or at least distinguish between the two scenarios? Also can we get data related to the stop and profit target placement in the account performance, as for each trade I would like to see what my risk/reward ratio was going into the trade?

Originally posted by trader2be View Post
    On the 'trades' tab of the account performance report, the exit names seem to be the same (Target1) regardless of whether I manually exit a trade by closing a position (e.g. hitting the close button on SuperDom) or whether I let the price hit my profit target. As I would like to distinguish between the two scenarios, is there a way to configure NT to either rename the exits or at least distinguish between the two scenarios? Also can we get data related to the stop and profit target placement in the account performance, as for each trade I would like to see what my risk/reward ratio was going into the trade?
    Hello Trader2be,

Thank you for your post.

1.) Unfortunately it is not possible to rename the default stop and target names in the ATM strategy.

2.) Unfortunately we do not have risk/reward ratios calculated by default. Can you please list some account performance calculations and I can forward to development.
    Ray S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your prompt response. For long entries, we should be able to calculate risk reward ratio by (Profit Target - Entry price) / (Entry Price - Stop Loss). For instance if we have a profit target of 4 points and a stop loss of 2 points, the ratio would equal to 2, meaning by default a 1:2 risk reward ratio. Likewise for shorts we would calculate the ratio as follows: (Entry Price - Profit Target) / (Stop Loss - Entry Price). We would need to think about how this risk reward ratio would be recalculated if the user changes the profit target or stop loss as the trade develops but in any case we would be looking for the original risk reward ratio when the trade was initiated.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestions, I will forward these to development for future considerations.
        MichaelNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 07:51 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Rapine Heihei  
        Started by frslvr, 04-11-2024, 07:26 AM
        5 responses
        1 like