Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time on the bar

Hi,

When I run backtest, the time stamp on bars have been coming in local time. Is that how it works during live runs as well? Are the time stamps generated on my local clock, rather than coming from the datafeed?

Hello Heech,

This is correct Heech, As ticks come into NinjaTrader in real-time, they are time stamped based on your local PC time if they do not already have an associated time stamp that is provided from the real-time data source.
    MichaelNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Michael,

I'm not sure I understood the answer... but it sounds like you're saying, "it depends" on the datafeed. (Any idea off hand what TDAmeritrade feeds?) And if I ever change datafeed, I might have to adapt my code to match?

Comment

Time stamps of bars are always local PC time. What Michale meant is that if a tick does not have a native time stamp from the server, we will add the time stamp ourself however, any time stamp provided is STILL converted to local PC time.
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ray you may want o change the way you say "converted to local PC time". It give the implication that if your clock is off you will be adjusting timestamps by the difference. I have boticed that you staff also uses this catch phrase.

Try something like: "the timestamps will be adjusted by the number of hours dfference between your time zone and the timezone of the original timestamp" or something like that.

people freak out when they think that the timestamp has seconds or mins added to it.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
          47 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post aligator  
          Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post jaybedreamin