Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Not updating/connecting ES symbol with Trading Technologies/Alaron yet ZB works fine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not updating/connecting ES symbol with Trading Technologies/Alaron yet ZB works fine

Hello support and other users,

I have NT version 6.5.1000.6 (Live) together with Trading Technologies setup (Alaron is the futures broker).

I can't display the live prices (Bid, Ask, Last) for the ES contract and yet if I put in ZB 12-08 or ZT 12-08 it works fine.
    When I put in ES it just stays as n/a. (This is in the "Orders" tab)

So when I open a chart or Level II or Time&Sales it works well for the ZB and ZT contracts yet for ES it doesn't update. Interestingly it loads the past (historical) data of the ES contract (say I specify a 1 minute ES 12-08 chart) it plots a 1 minute candle chart of the ES instrument but does NOT keep updating it. Time&Sales for ES is also blank.

I can't think how come this could be?

Oh yes, in the "Log" tab it has a yellow highlighted message:
    MarketData request was rejected: unknown instrument (ES 12-08)

But if the E-Mini s&P 500 was specified incorrectly (the symbol, exchange or month) then why does it display historical data??? Note that in Connection Options for Trading Technologies I have the ''Backup datafeed connection' set as <None> and Historical datafeed Enabled. So I don't think it would be using the DTN IQfeed which I was using before I switched to Alaron/Trading Technologies.

Phew, any ideas?

Is there anyone who is using Trading Technologies and trading the ES contract for whom it is working? What is your set-up?

Thank you, Aleksandar.

Hello Aleksandar,

Please install our latest version, NinjaTrader 6.5.1000.7 on top of your current version at the link below.

Remove the ES from your instrument list in the Instrument Manager.

Go to Tools-->Options-->Misc-tab and click Reset Instruments.

Add the ES 12-08 back to your instrument list in the Instrument Manager and check if you receive data.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jason,

Thanks for your response and I followed your instructions exactly but unfortunately the problem still persists.

Anything else I can try?

Aleksandar.

BTW: I read the Release Notes for version 1000.7 and it says that the TT adapter now has "Support for TF on ICE" - there don't appear any other changes to TT adapter, so presumably the problem is with my installation (set-up, corruption somewhere etc) rather than NinjaTrader per se - is that right? Are there any users out there who use NT with Alaron/TT and who trade ES for whom it works well?

Aleks

Comment

Hello Aleks,

As far as I know all Alaron/TT users can receive data for the ES 12-08.

If the same error persist after resetting the instruments, please contact your broker and check if your account is setup correctly on their end.

MarketData request was rejected: unknown instrument (ES 12-08)

Comment

Thanks Jason,

In the end it was the brokers fault. They replied that all settings on their side were fine, but about two days later it mysteriously started working.

I suppose they figured that if they want me to trade with them (and earn them commissions ) they better double check their system.

We can now close/archive this thread.

Thanks again for your help Jason.

Regards,
          Aleksandar.

Comment

Hello Aleksandar,

Thank you for reporting back and letting know the issue has been resolved.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by JonesJoker, 04-22-2024, 12:23 PM
            7 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
            Started by Waxavi, 04-19-2024, 02:10 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes