what NT can do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what NT can do

i have been playing around with NT to understand what it can do and how i can use its power. here is the summary of what i found.
    1. ATM can be used to define target, stop etc.. in tick multiples using the little gui. i can enter discretionary using Chart trader and allow the ATM to mange my profitability of the trade.
    2. Strategies can be coded which includes entry and exits quite powerfully using a C# script.

here is my scenario
    1. i detect my entry using the chart and would prefer to enter the trade using the chart as most of my trades are buy stop or sell stop.
    2. i prefer to have my exits in the following patterns
    a. initial trailing stop of 1.5 ATR
    b. when the price crosses the BBands extreme, take half profits and Trail stop the other half with the low of the previous bar(long) or the high of the previous bar(short).
    i have seen all the videos. i am stuck on how to implement it.
    1. i can enter using the chart trader
    2. how do i manage the trade with the Ninja Script. can i diable the charttrade and initiate the Strategy.

Unfortunately it is not supported to enter your orders discretionary (ChartTrader) and have them subsequently managed by an automated strategy. You can only manage your positions using an automated strategy if the entry orders are triggered by the strategy itself.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

can you have a automated strategy that would buy or short if the price crossed a trendline on the chart?

Comment

This is possible if the trendline is programmed through an indicator.

Comment

can i draw a horizontal bar and somehow link a indicator to it. i am stuck for ideas as to how to trigger breakout trades by charting a Horizontal bar on the chart. The intend is to be able to manage the trade thro the strategy later on.

Comment

I am not completely sure what you are referring to. If you use an automated strategy, your entry orders will be triggered by the strategy as well.

You will need to create conditions for your entry orders to trigger. More information can be found at the link below.

In addition, you could contact one of our supported NinjaScript consultants as well that can create the strategy for you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post rocketman7  
            Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
            7 responses
            0 likes