Bars Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bars Back

I tried using Bars Back set to 200 for the "Format Data Series" and saved my workspace. But when I reload that workspace the Range Settings in Format Data Series reverts to 1 Day Back instead of what I saved. Why does this happen? I want my workspace to be saved exactly the way I created it.

Thanks,
    Mike Winfrey

Hello Mike,

Unfortunately this is not saved upon saving a workspace.

I suggest to modify the "Chart default look back period" under Tools-->Options-->Data-tab instead.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the response Jason...That's interesting that the lookback isn't saved with the workspace.

Changing the Chart default look back period as you suggest has no bearing on my problem or desire. Those defaults are only for days and further, setting those to anything has no bearing on loading a workspace either. Funny thing is that the default for Tick, Volume and Range is set to 3 days. When I load my workspace, the chart open with 1 day of data. So, the workspace doesn't even use those defaults. Thought you might want to know that.

I am going to add this to the suggestions thread as it seems to be a very basic and necessary feature.

Thanks again,
      Mike

Comment

The Days back setting is saved upon saving your workspace, unfortunately the Bars back setting is not saved.

I will forward your inquiry to our development team and ask them if they can add this to the list of future considerations for the software.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by AttiM, 02-14-2024, 05:20 PM
        12 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DrakeiJosh  
        Started by cre8able, 02-11-2023, 05:43 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes