How do Backtest this big winner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do Backtest this big winner?

Hello traders and NT suppport...Can I please, please have the steps from start to finish to set up this simple strategy to backtest?

If the ES trades up or down 30 or more points during the final 60 mins of the trading session (3:15 to 4:15 est) I would like to test the out come if a trade is entered in the opposite direction at the open (4:30 est) of the following session and exited at 2:15 am est (10 hour trade).
    If I can get these instructions I can easily test other time frames by just changing the numbers. Im quite severely lost when it comes to setting the strategies for backtesting. thx

Hello,

You will need to program this with custom NinjaScript language. If you want to program this yourself the following links will get you started.

Here is a link to our help guide

Here is a link to our online webinars. Take a look at our NinjaScript webinar:

If you are not a programmer, I recommend contacting one of our 3rd party NinjaScript consultants here:
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Isnt it more simple?

I thought there was an easier way setting strategies. something like if the close of current bar (4:00-4:15) is <30 points of the previous bars close (3:45-4:00) go long. If the close of current bar is >30 of previous bars close go short. Exit trade at the close of 40th bar later (2:30) (15 minute bars). Cant these rules just be ebtered somehow in the strategy set up part of the program???? I just dont know how!!
      thx for the reply.

Comment

Hello,

You could try building this with time parameters in our strategy wizard:

This is not possible using the set up parameters when you attach the strategy.
        DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
        8 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post rehmans
        by rehmans

Started by mattbsea, Today, 05:44 PM
        0 responses