Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broker and data feed recommendation

Greetings,

I'm currently using TradeStation for trading equities and looking to switch to the NT platform.

What is the least expensive route for a brokerage account that will connect with NT and data feed provider of historical and real-time market depth (level II) data for the major US exchanges?

I understand Interactive Brokers will interface with NT and has low commissions but I'm just not sure about the data feed as outlined above. If I can't get it from them what is the next best option?

Thanks!

Interactive Brokers supports historical minute and daily data as you can see at the link below as well as market depth.

Unfortunately we do not have information regarding commission costs. I suggest to contact the broker regarding this inquiry.

In addition, you can find all other supported broker partners at the link below.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I asked a similar question earlier this week, and didn't get any feedback. But let me give you my thoughts.

I am also just switching over. I looked closely at IB, to the point of actually requesting a fund transfer for the account. But then I found the IB support forums... and to be honest, it was scary. The huge volume of out-standing support requests, mysterious failures in data availability and execution... it seemed like a nearly daily occurance. (I'm sure that doesn't apply to anyone... but quite a few, especially the more active traders.)

I ultimately decided against IB. I'm choosing to go with TDAmeritrade/Izone, which is also integrated with Ninja. Intraday historical quotes are available back to mid-2007, great for backtesting. I have little feedback about it so far from an execution point of view, because I have yet to go live. But I will say I haven't heard anything bad, the commissions are reasonable, margin handling is reasonable... and if you find the right person (hint: see Quotetracker), you can get pretty darn great support.

Comment

I think esignal is the best tick by tick data provider, but it is not the leaset expensive.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post chbruno