Copy chart to different workspace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copy chart to different workspace

HI, I have made several NT-7 chart templates & workspaces. After a while an particular chart may become filled with several drawing objects. Such as level lines & rectangles. Say I would like to have that chart with all of it's drawing objects on another workspace.
    Question: Is it possible to copy a chart with all of it's drawing objects to another workspace with NT-7 ? If so, then how?
    Thank you

Hello tarponton,

Thank you for your inquiry.

It would not be possible to copy charts from one workspace and place them into another. While there are chart templates that can be used to apply settings from one chart to another quickly, those do not save drawing objects since drawing objects are actually saved as part of the workspace itself. My suggestion is to select 'Save as' when saving your workspace to create a second copy of the workspace, and then removing everything that you don't want aside from the chart with all of the drawing objects.

Please let us know if we may assist you any further.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Zachary for your quick reply. I had a feeling that copying a workspace under a new name was the only way. Then you have to remove any unwanted charts and add wanted charts. Well I guess that we have to weigh this procedure against manually recording every drawing object parameter and manually transcribing them to a new chart / workspace. 6 of 1 / half dozen of another, yes?
      P.S. Can copy and paste charts with objects be done in NT-8 ?
      Thank you.

Comment

Hello tarponton,

Thank you for your reply.

No, it would not be possible to do this in NinjaTrader 8 either. You'd need to use the same process of either manually redrawing the objects on the chart in the new workspace, or creating a copy of the workspace under a different name and deleting anything that you do not want.

Please let us know if we may assist you any further.

Comment

Thank you again Zachary, I do have one last thought that you may be able to help me with. I will be upgrading to NT-8 by the end of the year. When I do, will I be able to copy my NT-7 custom chart templates and paste them directly into NT-8? My guess is no but I need to here it for sure.
          Yt
          Tarponton

Comment

Hello Tarponton,

Thank you for your reply.

Due to major overhauls to the programming of NinjaTrader 8, NinjaTrader 7 templates and workspaces would not be forward compatible and cannot be transferred over. You may view a list of the various items that do and do not transfer over at the link below;

(Please note that I noticed that 'Drawing object templates' are noted as being transferrable but this is incorrect. Drawing object templates, like all other template files, do not migrate over to NinjaTrader 8. I will make sure to have our Product Management team remove that item from the list)

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post CortexZenUSA  
            Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
            0 responses