Missing data for YM 09-22 starting at last nights open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing data for YM 09-22 starting at last nights open

Morning data started as usual when I signed in. Noticed missing overnight data. Using "Reload All Historical Data" simply deletes the data I have accumulated since starting up early this morning and began to display data leaving a large gap in data back to start of last night's trade.

Help!

Did it start working for you again? A couple of us were having the same issue over on this other thread from today:

Hi . I trade the close of the ES ( In Australia ) . When I logged in today it will not load the whole day data only from the time I logged in . I cannot see what has happened from the last 24 hrs or from when I last shut down yesterday morning . I restarted the whole computer . No Change . Have not altered any settings . Never

For me I had to restart my PC before all data was restored.

Comment

Hello troll,

Thank you for writing in.

We have found that one of our Historical Data Servers is missing historical data for most future instruments so we are in the process of taking it down to backfill the information.

Until we have been able to complete the process, please restart your NinjaTrader platform and try to connect to market data again.
      • Once connected, right-click on the chart and select "Reload all historical data"
      • If the data still isn't loading in, repeat the process above until it connects to a different Historical Data Server and the chart fills in.

Unfortunately, there is no way to specify the Historical Data Server so you will have to repeat the process above until you connect to a different server.

Once we have been able to take it down and backfill the information, this will no longer be an issue.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!
      Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Short answer, Yes the missing data showed up some time following the close and continued on as usual. "They" must have had a significant system issue of some kind as the normal email acknowledgments to my emails to support never showed up.

Comment

Hello troll,

Thank you for the update.

We have been able to backfill the Historical Data for that server.

If there are any users still experiencing this gap, please restart NinjaTrader and reconnect to the connection to refresh the link.

As well, we are making some adjustments to our back end and the acknowledgment email may have been down at the time of writing in. This should be back up and reinstated soon.

Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance.

Comment

I have the same issue for NQ 9-22 data, it was fine during the day yesterday, but on startup this morning it is missing half the days data. I just tried reloading all historical data and still doesn't fill in all the data, Please look into NQ 9-22.

Comment

Hello postalman,

Thank you for the note.

I have just verified that I no longer see any gaps in the Historical Data on any of the servers. If your chart is still not loading in, there is most likely something else going on.

Please begin by restarting your computer and then opening NinjaTrader and testing again.

If the chart is still not loading in, please perform the following test:
              • Go to the Control Center > New > Chart
              • Select the ES 09-22
              • Make it a 1-minute chart
              • Set the 'Days to load' to 5
              • Make sure 'Template' in the top-right corner is set to < None >
              • Set the Time frame > Trading hours > To "Default 24x7"
              • Click OK to make the chart
              • Does this chart load in as expected?
              • If you right-click on it and select "Reload all historical data" does it load in?
              • If this chart is working as expected, how is it different from the other ones?

If the Test chart did not load in, please take a screenshot of the entire chart and include it in your response.
              • If you are unsure of how to take a screenshot, I recommend using the Windows Snipping tool.
              • Click on the Windows Icon at the bottom of your screen and type the word "Snip"
              • Click on the Snipping tool, click New, then click and drag around the area you want to screenshot
              • Click File > Save As > Save the screenshot where you can find it
              • Please click here for a video demonstration

Comment

Hi I tried the new chart and got the same results, I also exited and restarted ninjatrader and got the same results. The data for yesterday is missing the afternoon data, I attached a chart. It looks like yesterday has less data compared to todays which looks normal. Maybe I have another issue. It looks like for 7/18 I only have data up to the open? and then nothing after the open time.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello postalman,

Looking at the screenshot attached, this is not the Test Chart that we had instructed to make and take a screenshot of so we cannot provide any further information on it.
                  • I can see this chart is using a 3rd party Bar Type called "32 UniRenko T32R64O32" - Since NinjaTrader didn't make this, we have no access to this bar type and no way to know what its supposed to look like
                  • I can also see that there are 2 different 3rd party Indicators applied to the chart - We do not want any 3rd party items on this test chart.

The point of the Test Chart is to create a completely basic, NinjaTrader-only, chart so that we can also create the same chart on our computers and compare results. For example, here is what the Test Chart looks like on my PC in both platforms:

If the Test Chart is still not not looking like mine in the screenshot above, please take a screenshot of the Test Chart and include that in your response so I can compare and see what is different and then provide further information.

Please let us know if we may provide any further assistance

Comment

Here is a new chart basic 5 min candlestick still shows the same data issue on 7/18, should not matter how the data is formatted as I have used that setup chart for years without any issues.
                    Attached Files

Comment

ok very strange, I got the 5 min to look correct for 7/18 for NQ 09-22 using all defaults, but my unirenko chart was completely wrong starting about 8:15am or open onwards, I then tried a basic 200 tick and 8 range chart same defaults as the 5 min and they show same problem as my unirenko charts. Not sure what is going on, in my 8 years on ninjatrader never seen this problem, see attached charts.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hello postalman,

It appears that the Minute Data is correct, but for some reason, the Tick data isn't loading in as expected.

When I tested it within my platform, it worked as expected. So, I would like to test all new Historical Data and see if it resolves the gap.
                        • Close NinjaTrader
                        • Go to the Documents Folder > NinjaTrader 7 > db
                          • Delete only the following folders:
                            • Tick
                            • Minute
                            • Day
                            • Cache
                        • Reopen NinjaTrader, Connect to market data, and then wait for the market data to download again and load into the charts.

If you are still experiencing the gap after the steps above, please write into NinjaTrader platform support directly with your Log and Trace files so we can take a deeper look at what could be causing this behavior:
                        • Open Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents") > 'NinjaTrader 8' folder or "NinjaTrader 7' folder
                        • Right-click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
                        • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com
                        • Put the subject as "Clayton ATTN 02984223" and send the email
                        • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Comment

That fixed the problem, all set. I'll remember this solution if I see it again, thanks!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by mmckinnm, Today, 01:34 PM
                          0 responses
                          1 view
                          0 likes
                          Last Post mmckinnm  
                          Started by f.saeidi, Today, 01:32 PM
                          0 responses
                          1 view