Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TICK and TRIN

Hi!

I am not following how to add these as instruments. I own the lifetime, multibroker license, and I am connected to Zen and Ameritrade. When I create a chart with either, I get an error message stating this: "Error on loading chart data for ^TICK Nyse': No mapping defined for instrument ^TICK"

Obviously I don't have these set up right. Can you assist Enterprise?

Thanks!

Hello,

You will need to enter the correct symbol mapping for the TICK in the Instrument Manager. Remove the TICK from your instrument list. Highlight the TICK in the Available master instruments-section and click Edit. Click the Misc-tab and enter the correct symbol mapping next to TD AMERITRADE. Add the TICK back to your instrument list and check if you receive data.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

TICK and TRIN

Jason,

Thanks for replying. It is now giving me a different error. Just to be sure I am doing this right, I went to Ameritrade's website, logged in, and found that the TICK and TRIN symbols use this format:

$TICK.X
      $TRIN.X

However, I get an error in NJ stating that it is a bad symbol when it tries to load it. I could try a bunch of combinations, but I would like to verify that is what I am supposed to put next to the Ameritrade row in the Misc tab.

Thanks!

Comment

Could you please try:

TICK
        TRIN

Let me know if this will work.

Comment

Error

I removed the original items from the instrument list and started over. On the Misc tab, next to TD Ameritrade, I entered in 'TICK' (no quotes.)

Same problem. Two message boxes:

Error on loading chart data for '^TICK Nyse': Error - Bad Symbol

Followed by:

ERROR: BACKFILL "TICK" Bad Symbol

Comment

I suggest to contact your broker and verify what symbol mapping you will need to use for the TICK and TRIN.

I tested some combinations on my end, but could not get data as well and received the same error message.

Comment

These are not currently supported through the TD AMERITRADE API.
              RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

TICK and TRIN

Do you know of a way to get those feeds? That was one of the reasons I purchased the multi-vendor version.

Comment

Please see the link below, which will lists all supported data feed providers and the services they offer.

I suggest to contact the providers that support indices data and check if they support the TICK and TRIN.

Comment

I suppose the TICK AND TRIN are still not supported for TD Ameritrade??? What about SPY? I cannot get SPY to come across from TD Ameritrade. My other streaming tools will get SPY from the same Ameritrade account, so I know my account has it.

Jim

Comment

Hi Jim,

Please go to Tools-->Instrument Manager and click the New-button to create an instrument.

Set Instrument type to Stock and enable the Default and Amex exchange.
                      Click the Misc-tab and enter SPY next to TD AMERITRADE.

Add the instrument to your instrument list and check if you receive data.

Comment

Ameritrade

I did contact Ameritrade about TICK and TRIN. As soon as I hear something, I will post the answer.

Comment

How do I add these for OpenTick? Recently rebuilt my machine and completely forgotton how to do this?

Thanks

Comment

Hi Altrader:

NinjaTrader comes pre-loaded with the most commonly traded instruments however, you may find the need to add an additional instrument. Please follow the instructions below to add an instrument in the Instrument Manager.
                            • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Instrument Manager
                            • Press the "New" button
                            • *Enter in instrument specific information and select the appropriate exchange (add Default exchange for equities in addition to the actual exchange)
                            • Fill in any relevant information under the "Misc" tab such as symbol mapping for your target connectivty provider
                            • Press the "OK" button
                            * If you wish to add an equity, this can be accomplished without following the steps above. Just open a chart (for example) and start typing in the symbol and a new instrument is automatically created.
                            The instrument is now added to the master instrument list. Please follow the instructions below if you want to add this instrument to an instrument list.
                            • Select the instrument list you wish to add the instrument to via the "Instrument lists" drop down list in the upper left hand corner
                            • Select the exchange (Default recommend for equities) as this will route orders to your broker smart routing system
                            • Select the appropriate expiration date if this is a futures instrument
                            • Press the "<" button to add the instrument to the list
                            You are now complete and can press the "OK" button.
                            RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, I now have it working when I connect to OpenTick directly. However, when I have OT as my backup provider the TICK does not update. Any ideas as to why this could be the case?

Thanks,
                              Allan

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post wzgy0920  
                              Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
                              5 responses