Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Automatic Trading Strategy cutoff during power outage or Wi-Fi outage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automatic Trading Strategy cutoff during power outage or Wi-Fi outage.

Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about what to do when the power goes out while the trading strategy is running. Power outages don't happen very often, but I travel a lot for my job, and I've noticed the WIFI will disconnect for a few seconds and the strategies will stop and my positions will be closed out. Any suggestions?

Hello gvaughn,

If the power goes out and your PC restarts there's really nothing you could do in that situation, you would have to manage your PC and start the platform again.

If only the wifi goes out and reconnects that will stop strategies with the standard settings. You can review the strategy connection settings to have it keep running. Depending on the length of he wifi outage that can cause issues with how the strategy runs from that point on as it will likely be missing a large amount of data.

You can add the OnConnectionStatusUpdate into your scripts which would allow you to do an action after reconnecting like sending an email so you know to look at the PC. https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...b=onconnection

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

gvaughn When you are at home, you may want to have a suitable UPS (Uninterruptible Power System) in your hardware configuration to help with power issues. It doesn't need to be very big or expensive. So long as it gives you enough time to recognise an issue and take the actions you have predefined, that is sufficient. You need to have all relevant hardware connected to it, including your trading system and WiFi router.

Thanks.
      Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
      jeronymite
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post XXtrader