Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Point value on chart less than actual

Hello NT7 community

I'm new here and this is my first topic.

You see upon setup my chart everything seems under control from opening new chart creating adding instruments indicators saving templates.

However, there is one thing that I seem get lost while figuring out what went wrong with it. It's the tick and point value on chart seems very low compared to those on contract specifications. I went back to data and price series guidance under help I followed the instructions pricesly nothing changed!

Let me give you example on nasdaq 1 contract 1 point should be $20 but on chart it looks $1-2. I switch to gold it's still same issue! They are big futures not micro.

​​​​​Exactly what parameters on data series have value inputs or what I should check or change.

Again folks I'm new so not expert in this platform so give me solutions like road map from a-z.
    I love nt7 I hope your support and assistance makes me love it more.

Happy weekend and look forward to seeing your thoughts on this

Futureszone​​​​

Hello futureszone,

Thank you for your inquiry.

You shouldn't need to check or change anything, unless you've already changed something yourself previously. Any symbols included with NinjaTrader's preconfigured instrument database are properly configured to the specifications from the exchange. I will need to get a better idea of what you are referring to in order to assist you. So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.? or 8.0.?.?)
    • Who are you connected to for data? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.
    • What specific instrument symbols (and expiry if applicable) are you referring to? For example, ES 09-22, AAPL, EURUSD, etc.
    Please also provide a screenshot of your charts so that I may get a better idea of what you are referring to and compare my charts to yours.
    • To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's Snipping Tool.
    • Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.
    I look forward to your response.
    Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Zachary

thanks for your fast response and sorry for late reply.

1- NT 7.0.1000.43
      2- Ninjatrader continuum
      3- NQ - ES 9-22 / GC - CL 8-22
      4- Screenshots attached from chart now on NQ & ES

if you need further info please ask me, I'm sure this will be solved soon with your assistance

looking forward to hear from you Zachary

many thanks
      futureszone
      Attached Files

Comment

NT7 support any solution to this problem?

Comment

illustration

nq price on chart moved 2 ticks down = half point thus value should be $10 but on chart $0.5 !!
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello futureszone,

Thank you for your reply.

The charts appear correct to me. One point of ES (which is 4 ticks) is worth $50 and one point of NQ (which is also 4 ticks) is worth $20. Thus, each tick for ES is worth $12.50, and each tick of NQ is worth $5. It's important to note that a tick would be the smallest increment of price movement. For example, on ES, from 4095 to 4095.25, would be 1 tick and would be worth $12.50 (excluding any fees, commissions, etc.). If that's not what you are seeing, you can reset your instruments to restore the default point value and tick size. The default values are undoubtedly correct.

To reset your instruments, please follow the steps below:
            • Disconnect from your data feed: NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Disconnect> Select your data feed
            • Reset your Instruments: NinjaTrader Control Center> Tools> Options> Data tab> Reset Instruments>OK
            • Restart NinjaTrader> Connect (NinjaTrader Control Center> File> Connect> Select your connection
            Please let us know if we may assist you any further.

Comment

Hello futureszone,

From your most recent comment, I see what you are referring to. It's simply a misunderstanding of what you are viewing. You are viewing the PnL Display Unit in points, not currency. Please hover your mouse over Chart Trader, right-click and select 'Chart Trader Properties', change the 'PnL Display Unit' from 'Points' to 'Currency' and select Apply and OK to apply the change.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Zachary View Post
                Hello futureszone,

Thank you for your reply.

The charts appear correct to me.
                Hello Zachary

when i opened my email inbox i saw your message and saw this line and felt NO felt knocked out left my coffee on desk and was starring at it and my brain was this is it.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Zachary View Post
                  Hello futureszone,

From your most recent comment, I see what you are referring to. It's simply a misunderstanding of what you are viewing. You are viewing the PnL Display Unit in points, not currency. Please hover your mouse over Chart Trader, right-click and select 'Chart Trader Properties', change the 'PnL Display Unit' from 'Points' to 'Currency' and select Apply and OK to apply the change.

then i came here and read this and felt WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF.

what a relief to read this man thank you so much, felt hope boosting 1000%. thank you so much you have no idea how this means to my trading goals and to my bet on ninjatrader. thanks for the support and feedback i will never forget this moment Zachary!!

Best Wishes,
                  Futureszone

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:19 PM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                  Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:25 PM
                  0 responses